Employer: SSGA Europe Limited: SSGA Europe Limited (“SSGAEL”), an Irish domiciled Super ManCo with €267bn of assets under management and 230+ employees , is the primary contracting entity for SSGA’s EU/EEA clients and the designated management company for SSGA’s EU fund entities, with six EU branches located in Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands and Poland. Its Dublin based HQ and five of the Company’s six branches are engaged in sales, marketing and client servicing. The Company’s Poland branch is a key, strategic global hub for SGGA, operating as a designated SSGA investment centre and as a global service centre. As a consequence of the expansion of SSGAEL’s activities and related enhancements to its corporate governance framework, we are seeking to hire a Governance Support Officer.#
Who we are looking for
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic and challenging role with responsibility for supporting, implementing and maintaining SSGAEL’s enhanced corporate governance framework. The Governance Support Executive will be responsible for working with stakeholders right across the business in co-ordinating the flow of information to and from Board and its Committees and ensuring that all group, local, regulatory and legal requirements are met from a corporate governance perspective. This will include liaising with senior management and stakeholders across SSGA, co-ordinating Board and Committee agenda and papers, working closely with SSGAEL’s external Company Secretary, ensuring all corporate governance requirements are met, that all related procedures are properly implemented and that all legal entity, Board, Committee governance related documentation is maintained and updated as well as supporting consistency in corporate governance practices across the corporate funds boards.
SSGAEL has 5 Board Committees (excluding the EMEA Risk Committee), interacts with 11 regulators across 7 EU locations and has six branches, including its Poland branch which acts as a global hub for investment management and other SSGA support services.
- Boards and Committees: Governance: Responsible for working with stakeholders at all levels right across SSGA to implement and maintain SSGAEL’s governance framework, monitoring compliance with corporate governance, firmwide legal entity governance standards and regulatory requirements, working with and supporting the Board Committees in the execution of their responsibilities in areas such as board evaluations and ongoing suitability assessments as well as implementing procedures relating to Board and Committee governance. This includes supporting the Board and Committees in the monitoring and implementation of governance requirements set out by the Central Bank of Ireland with particular reference to CP86 and the pending Senior Executive Accountability Regime (“SEAR”) as well as the co-ordination and management of the SSGAEL Board and related Committees’ schedules, agendas and reporting. It also requires mmanagement of the schedule of ‘Supplemental Information and Discussion” sessions for the Boards. This includes organizing sessions, ensuring presenters are available, following up on actions and other general administration. The role also includes supporting consistency in corporate governance practices across the corporate funds boards.
- Governance Frameworks: Supporting the implementation and oversight of key governance frameworks and working with the first and second lines of defence e.g. Branch Oversight Framework, Knowledge and Competency Framework
- Branch Support: Governance administrative support to SSGAEL’s branches.
- Legal Entity Governance Documentation: Maintaining key legal entity documentation e.g. Programme of Activity (PoA), Board & Committee Terms of Reference, Licensing documentation and ensuring adherence to processes / procedures regarding maintenance, including maintaining & updating Company Organisation Charts quarterly and ensuring all company filings are complete.
- Company Secretary: Primary ‘day to day’ contact with SSGAEL’s external Company Secretary with responsibility for monitoring and evaluating the service provider and service levels. Ensuring group legal entity standards and requirements are met, including maintenance of State Street’s legal entity database, Blueprint. Work with counterpart in Ireland to ensure consistency of approach and efficient processes (including plenary meetings where appropriate)
- Corporate Governance Regulatory Developments: Monitoring corporate governance regulatory developments for incorporation into SSGAEL’s corporate governance framework -noting in particular SEAR and evolving CP86 requirements.
- Administrative point of contact for Non-Executive Directors: ensuring requirements and information requests of NEDs are met.
- Board / Committee materials: ensuring materials are consistently produced to a high standard – whether by other teams or, in certain cases, by this function. Ensure proposed enhancements are implemented correctly and consistently.
- Monitoring of Action Items: Ensure timely and comprehensive closure of Action Items by this function or by other teams
Requirements – Skills and Experience:
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Self- starter who works well as both a team player and individually
- Proven ability to work effectively under pressure and across teams
- Excellent IT skills – strong proficiency in MS tools - Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with a fund administrator or asset manager
- Degree qualification or higher ( legal / corporate governance focus an advantage)
- Experience of regulatory corporate governance requirements an advantage