Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you have proven track record of building banking applications? Do you want to design and build best-in-class, enterprise scale applications using the latest technologies? Are you confident at iteratively refining user requirements and removing any ambiguity?
We’re looking for a Service Delivery Manager to:
• Design and develop large scale applications
• collaborate to refine user requirements though test-driven development (TDD)
• analyze root causes of incidents and provide the solution
• perform code reviews and share your experience with colleagues
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
You’ll be working in the Cesar team in Wroclaw. We provide engineering services to WMA business divisions of the UBS group. Together as team, we provide solutions to unique business/market requirements in line with the established Corporate IT Standards. As a Service Delivery Manager, you'll play an important role in leading development of client facing applications.
• experience of building client facing platforms
• understanding of OOP and OOAD principles, software best practices (design and architectural patterns), data structures, algorithms, databases and networks
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.