Tech System Administrator
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
We are looking for an experienced Oracle DBA with a track record of working in large financial institutions.
• At least 10+ years' experience and knowledge of the following RDBMS technologies
• Production support experience of Oracle 10g, 11g, 12c, 18c including RAC and Dataguard
• You have built and supported High Availability solutions, using varied technologies
• You are an articulate speaker that can share your ideas and work closely with application teams
• You have prior experience in migrating databases to new platforms using multiple techniques
• Able to report on progress in a clear and timely fashion
You'll be joining a Migration Factory Database team who assist with all database migrations from legacy to strategic platforms, migrations between strategic platforms for cost efficiency and in-place upgrades for EoL database versions (strategic platforms),
thereby saving additional maintenance costs and mitigating support risks. As a Migration factory DBA you will play an important role in helping our customers to migrate their EoL infra’s and databases to strategic platforms
• Experience in large enterprises supporting 500+ servers and database sizes in GB/TB's.
• Database upgrades & migrations, cloning , backup, restore & recovery using RMAN
• Diagnose and resolve performance, connectivity, security, and database corruption issues in a critical production environment.
• All above applicable to infrastructure which has standalone and RAC databases using filesystem based or ASM based storage.
• Familiar in Unix system administration relevant to Oracle database management.
• Experience in RAC/ASM, Grid Control Management, Golden Gate replication.
• Setup and maintain High-Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions.
• Proficient in Standby and Data Guard technology
• Diagnose and resolve performance issues, connectivity/security issues and database corruptions in a critical production environment
• Self-driven, multitasking with ability to work under pressure
• Able to manage, priorities and solve problems quickly and completely
• Ability to work and remain calm in a high-pressure environment
• Experience in ITIL process & ticketing systems is added advantage
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.