Database Specialist – Core Operations Team
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you have the know-how to apply your Oracle database expertise to our key platform? Do you want to use your Oracle knowledge and analytical expertise to help our projects succeed? Are you confident in optimising queries, tuning installations and configuring Oracle platforms?
We’re looking for an Oracle database specialist to help us upgrade and tune our Oracle databases for the Core area of Asset management. This requires strong knowledge of Oracle and how to effectively configure queries and schema installations. The Database Specialist role involves:
• assessing existing 12g installations on Exadata and 19c on HP Apollo
• plotting a course to migrate to 18c/19c on dedicated infrastructure
• managing the transition off Exadata – whilst ensuring performance levels are maintained
• working closely with the application teams and vendors to tune and enhance the installed application
• provide guidance and tolling to application development teams and L3 support
• form an effective liaison with TOC and the support teams for platform management and support
• support data modelling and application architectures
• enable the database journey to cloud – focus on cloud hosted databases (Azure SQL Server, Postgres)
• consult across the UBS DBA and developer community
• form strong networks to gain collaboration in resolution of challenges
• maintain effective reporting and good status reporting
• define, setup and run effective project governance forums
• understand SimCorp as a vendor – and the key components and workflows if the Dimension product
You’ll be joining our SimCorp Dimension Platform team based in London, with colleagues in Pune and Chicago.
Working in a dynamic team where hands-on Oracle interaction is expected, the role requires working closely with engineering, support teams, DBAs and the application vendor. Practical, pragmatic problem solvers are a good fit for this role.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
• 3+ years installing and tuning Oracle databases
• good understanding of physical infrastructure; compute layer, memory, storage and networks
• in depth knowledge of 12c and features/strengths which can be used as part of upgrading to 18c/19c
• Understand key features of Exadata – and how to compensate for move to standalone infrastructure
• Able to propose strategies to limit locking, contention and resource exhaustion in Oracle databases
• Deep understanding of AWR reports and associated meta data catalogues to aid Oracle tuning and problem resolution
• must be able to work independently and deliver results by a deadline
• inquisitive, able to challenge effectively and manage conflicting stakeholder needs
• excellent written and verbal communication skills
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.