Data access layer engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you an excellent problem solver who is passionate about the latest technology and innovation? Are you a leader who wants to bring engineering excellency to the organization? Do you love learning? Is Agile your way of life?
We are looking for a senior software engineer to:
• be part a transformational program across various business functions such as Risk, Finance, and Compliance
• build the next generation platform using the latest Cloud-based technology
• contribute to the end-2-end software development lifecycle
• establish engineering excellency across our all our products and processes
• challenge the status quo, innovate, and build great software
• continue learning, build engineering communities, become ambassadors of innovation
You’ll be working in the CDIO Group Functions Technology team in Krakow, Poland on the strategic redesign of our platforms on Azure Cloud. You will as part of the Common Services and Platforms team under the Group Functions CTO organization alongside other talented women and men to bring the benefits of the latest technology to solve complex business problems in a sustainable and innovative ways. Our team offers:
• being a part of a major transformational program in the leading international financial organization
• collaboration with other architects (solution / domain / business) to enable opportunities for re-use across the stack, helping to bring down the TCO whilst reducing lead time
• agile environment where diversity is celebrated
• flexible ways of working
• excellent learning, mentoring, and internal mobility opportunities
• a Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science/ Engineering
• excellent design and engineering skills including knowledge and effective usage of 12Factor and OO Design Patterns, Microservices, Algorithms and Data Structures
• 8+ years of experience on Java8+/Scala programming languages
• knowledge and experience on SQL/noSQL databases, such as PostgresSQL
• big Data experience with one or more: Data Lakes, Hadoop, Spark, Databricks, Graph databases
• experience on containerization and configuring&running apps on Kubernetes clusters
• experience on devOps activities specifically for CI/CD Pipelines and test automation
• proven track of Agile software delivery practices and technical leadership
• experience with delivery on Cloud; esp. on Azure Cloud is desirable (AAD, ARM, AKS…)
• experience on spring Boot & Spring REST & Spring Data, Open API, Swagger is a plus
• experience with Denodo data virtualization product is a plus
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.