Regulatory Change Legal Counsel (Sustainable Finance)
Job Reference #
Gdańsk, Kraków, Warsaw, Wroclaw
Do you have experience with legal and regulatory matters that touch the core business of an international bank? Are you interested in answering new and tricky legal questions that cannot be looked up in a book? Would you like to be part of a strategic initiative project implementing regulations which are substantially changing financial market’s landscape? Do you want to help UBS implementing the new Sustainable Finance regulations?
We're looking for someone like you to:
– advise the project management units on Sustainable Finance implementation matters (incl. legal analysis in various forms, drafting or amending client facing contracts and documents, participation in project management working groups, review and sign-off of business requirement specifications, review and sign-off of FAQs for client advisors and internal policies, contribute to design and conducting of training modules).
– work in a cross-functional global virtual legal team providing Sustainable Finance implementation coverage for UBS on a global basis, with a strong focus on the European regulations.
– collaborate with subject matter experts from other teams and functions to achieve the best implementation result.
– be a key contributor to the internal communication and knowledge management stream.
You’ll be working in the Regulatory Change Investor Protection team within Legal Global Wealth Management where you would be covering a role in the global virtual Sustainable Finance legal team. We provide the project management units across all divisions and affected locations of UBS with high-quality and timely implementation advice and guidance. Your daily work will be driven by Sustainable Finance topics such as the European Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR), the Taxonomy Regulation (TR) and MiFID II as well and the legal coverage of green products such as green bonds and green lending products. Further topics include the impact of the regulation our banking offerings such as discretionary and advisory mandates. Our goal is to enable the project management units to implement Sustainable Investment as efficiently and effectively as possible and to ensure that the wider legal function and senior management across all divisions and affected locations is closely looped in along the way.
– a degree in law (admittance to the bar and additional relevant education like an LL.M. is an asset)
– at least 3 years of practical experience in international banking or in an international law firm
– an interest in complex and new legal and regulatory issues
– knowledge of the European Sustainable Finance
– a great team player and communicator with strong interpersonal skills, able to defend the legal stand towards project management and other stakeholders
– spotting and connecting cross-divisional dots and good in thinking one step ahead
– fluent in English (German or other languages are an asset)
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills – at UBS we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people – with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests – who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves.
Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.