Lead Data Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
We are looking for a passionate and experienced hands on Lead Data Engineer with sound and established cloud knowledge to manage and build the next generation data platform, models and tools that deliver the next generation of analytics to empower UBS and deliver increased profitability or capacity optimisation through data-driven decisions & enhanced governance at scale. Would you like to apply your skills and knowledge in an exciting lean startup organization consisting of multi-disciplinary experts from technology engineering and COO business?
You will be expected to:
- Lead a multi-disciplinary scrum team working on delivering business value through software
- Implement and deliver high quality software leveraging the latest cloud based technologies
- Drive forward design and front-to-back implementation and integration of various software components with creation of re-usable overall solutions deployed broadly across UBS environments, focused on both dynamic & frictionless user interfaces, reporting and automation
- Conduct code review and test software as needed
- Take ownership and provide technical direction and system architecture
- Work on technical improvements to achieve time and material benefits
- Possess a high level of curiosity and awareness of emerging technologies and trends
- Work closely with the team (product owner, data scientists, engineers, UX/UI designers) and front-to-back business & technology partners to understand the underlying business problem, coordinate requirements and transform them into system requirements and application design
- Adhere to operational controls and procedures to promote software from test to production
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
You will be working in the CDIO IB Technology team in partnership with the IB COO function to transform the way we run the business by building out data platform, models and tools that deliver the next generation of analytics to empower UBS and deliver increased profitability or capacity optimization through data-driven decisions & enhanced governance at scale. You will work alongside other experts on a genuinely ground breaking project with the latest cloud based data technologies and you will contribute to architecture and technical direction of the project. Your team will be responsible for our highly strategic digitalization priorities for the IB COO group, putting you at the forefront of delivering on our innovation agenda. The team is being run with a particular emphasis on Dev Ops and the CI/CD pipeline and located globally across London and Poland.
- High level of curiosity and awareness of emerging technologies, particularly in cloud, data pipelines, machine learning,
- Proven track record of successful management of multi-disciplinary distributed teams
- Experienced developer in at least two of the following languages Java, Scala or Python
- Experience of design and build of data pipelines using Spark or Hadoop
- Extensive experience in designing and developing rich application front-ends as well as back-end application logic
- Hands on experience working with Agile development methodologies
- Proven experience building data pipelines from inception through to production
- Experience with RDBMS such as SQL Server, PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Experience of cloud, ideally Azure
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience of Agile, DevOps and engineering practices using micro-services, DDD, CI/CD pipeline and test automation
- Experience with stream processing services such as Kafka, Spark Streaming or Flink
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using tools such as Terraform or Azure Resource Manager
- Mentor junior team members and share knowledge of your skillsets out to the wider team
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability for the product and the team
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills – at UBS we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people – with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests – who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves.
Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.