Providing high quality, accurate and timely legal advice under Legal Services Global Operations department within the Central Legal Services Team on a diverse range of corporate legal matters, including general company secretarial support to Shell US entities.
- Providing general company secretarial support to Shell US entities. Support may include drafting, assisting with processing, and maintaining corporate governance related documents and agreements, as well as responding to requests for company information and providing guidance and expertise as required. Support may also include assistance with acquisitions, divestments, mergers, formations and dissolutions of entities.
- Ensuring that corporate governance activities are completed within required time frame (as legislated by jurisdiction or other) and that, all clients are informed, and relevant databases and systems are updated on a timely basis.
- Creating, processing, and maintaining information on corporate delegations of authority, including powers of attorney and agent appointments, as well as revocation thereof.
- Support the administration and maintenance of the Shell insider/potential insider lists.
The above may include:
- Assisting with corporate governance activities for a portfolio of US companies.
- Assisting with statutory compliance related activities for the portfolio companies (such as, annual filings, qualifications, withdrawals, assumed name and similar filings).
- Assisting with scheduling, preparing agendas, and ensuring timely distribution of board papers for board or other governing body meetings.
- Assisting with internal and external shareholder activities.
- Performing historical company research in response to Litigation requests.
- Assuring standardization among businesses regarding adoption of Shell corporate policies (i.e., Code of Conduct, Manual of Authorities, service level agreements, treasury policies, ABC and Anti-Money Laundering, Trade Controls Manual, etc.).
- Keeping up to date on latest statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Capturing learnings and proposing improvements to the existing processes, documents, and guidance notes for Corporate Secretary’s Office.
- Carrying out such other tasks to support colleagues within the Central Legal Services Team, as required.
- Manage all administrative matters in relation to the Insidertrack database (software tool used to ensure compliance with the Market Abuse Regulations), including Insider lists/potential Insider lists and permissions to deal and the creation of project lists and provide advice and guidance on Insider Dealing matters. Manage and supervise focal points and administrators.
- Law degree, preferably with corporate secretarial qualification or experience in corporate or company law.
- Knowledge of company secretarial functions and governmental requirements.
- At least 5 years of relevant post-graduation experience.
- Enthusiastic self-starter who pro-actively identifies opportunities to improve the efficiency of business processes - proven record of continuous improvement.
- Capability to quickly build knowledge on different topical areas and a demonstrated solution- oriented attitude.
- Team player with the ability to work independently under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Adapt quickly with a clear strength in identifying priority assignments, managing time and expectations.
- Effective administration and organisation skills, time management, and ability to appropriately
- prioritize competing business demands.
- Flexibility to work as part of virtual team.
- Fluency in English with strong English legal drafting skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Independent and is accountable for relationships with broad range of stakeholders.
- Has breadth of experience and knowledge that creates ability to deal with new and unexpected issues.
- Able to solve imaginatively, common technical/operational problems.