The important link between IT, the business and the vendors
You will be part of the Technology, Members, Sales & Marketing Team in IT Operations. Our international team is placed in Aarhus (DK), Gdansk (PL), Stockholm (S) and Leeds (UK). We are taking care of the IT support globally and a vital part of our job is to cooperate with and follow up on our vendors according to the defined SLA’s. As a Service Delivery Manager, you will also have a close relationship to the business, you will be their partner and go to person.
Your main tasks are:
- A natural point of entrance for the people in our Line of Business to our IT organization.
- Stakeholder management, expectations are aligned across your areas of responsibility.
- Plan implementation of enhancements in coordination with business and vendors.
- Following up with Maintenance vendors and Agile Release Train on expected delivery dates and ensure that required prerequisites are followed according to our change management process.
- Alignment with vendor, architects, consultants and other Service Coordinators.
- Working with ART counterparts (PO & Scrum Masters) to ensure you are informed and they know our expectations, including ways of working.
- Ensure maximum use of existing standard / template solutions.
- Primary contact for vendor meaning following up on vendors and their obligations to signed service orders, contracts and budget, and also provide input to revised forecasts.
- SLA follow up – agreed with Service Level Manager.
- Expert knowledge of business processes in your area and use the knowledge by consulting on enhancements, incidents, service requests and problems.
Process expertise and great collaboration skills
As you will work closely together with both the business and other teams you need good cooperation and communication skills in English. Excellent planning skills are also crucial for this position. You need to be good at building up a network – and use it! You should be willing to learn quickly and become a skilled user of Service Now. You are familiar with the processes used in a Commercial or Sales department and know the importance of having the right master data. If you have experience with SAP Sales or similar systems it will be a huge advantage. And if you as a person is persistent, diplomatic and ready to challenge you will be perfect for this job.
Besides this we assume you:
- Possess a master’s degree in Business Administration, Logistic or similar relevant education or job experience
- Several years of experience from an IT or department in a larger company, that have given you a high level of business understanding
- Are openminded and communicate effortlessly with all levels of stakeholders
- Have experience or interest in Agile ways of working
Interested in a new opportunity?
Arla is on a journey to create the future of dairy and IT have an important role in reaching that goal. You will be part of a strong international IT Department with a lot of very skilled colleagues. Each of us has a role to play, with the freedom to think big. We are ambitious, but we prefer accountability over control. So, if you are up for a challenge, there is no shortage of opportunities to have an impact - and realise your ambitions - whatever they may be.
Application and contact
If you want to drive innovation and help shape the industry, then seize this exciting opportunity.
For additional information, please reach out to IT Manager, Technology, Members, Sales & Marketing, Dorte Brit Lau Malling, via phone +45 7643 4679.
We have a purpose for Good
At Arla, we strive to unlock the highest potential in each other while working together to create a sustainable future of dairy. We call it Stronger People Stronger Planet and it is deeply anchored in our organisation and founded on our commitment to respecting human rights, increasing access to healthy dairy nutrition, inspiring good food habits, and improving the environment for future generations. In order to succeed we need to hire people with a sustainable mindset. Could this be you?