About the job
Arla is creating a new and exciting function in Gdansk to centrally manage intercompany transport operations in Europe. The European Transport Control Centre (ETCC) will initially be set-up to manage and control European intermediate cross border movements within our logistics function. The ETCC is responsible for aspects of transport management including, but not limited to load building, planning, optimisation, scheduling, execution, freight settlement, continual improvement and performance management. The ETCC plays a critical role in ensuring the smooth function of Arla’s intermediate transport network and thereby has a direct impact on Arla’s ability to serve its customer.
Together with your colleagues in the ETCC, you will be responsible for day-to-day order management, transport planning, scheduling, coordination of loads for all modes of transportation, optimisation and freight settlement for multiple sites across the Arla network.
In this role, you will work closely with the rest of ETCC team, internal customers and carriers to ensure transport plans are achievable, cost effective and deliver a premium service. If you’re a highly organised, proactive individual with a great eye for detail, this role will suit you perfectly.
Specifically, you will:
- Produce loading and delivery schedules to ensure effective on time delivery and collection of product.
- Responsible for planning and execution of vehicle loads.
- Assisting in organising all aspects of the transport operation utilising SAP TM.
- Liaise and work with Arla’s network of carriers in the planning and execution of day-to day operations.
- Provide the communication link between the ETCC’s customers and carriers.
- Assist in the compilation of weekly/monthly reporting packs enabling identification of areas of focus/opportunity.
- Support and help identify changes to improve the ETCC’s function.
- Monitor carrier performance on daily basis and identify non-conformance and improvement areas.
- Work closely with key contacts within area of responsibility to maintain plan adherence and escalate if necessary to operational manager where appropriate.
- Provide cost analysis on potential new transport activity for area of responsibility.
- Create peak transport plans, ensuring capacity and cost efficiency is assured for area of responsibility.
- Ensure the delivery of a daily/weekly transport plans that meets both the needs of target service levels, standards, operational efficiency and cost.
- Ensures optimal utilisation of vehicles, hauliers and drivers through efficient execution of route plans and vehicle fill optimisation.
- Identify, monitor and support resolution to issues and claims.
- Solve un-planned transport events.
- Adherence to Arla Foods’ Health & Safety standards, policies and legislation.
- Support master data setup and maintenance.
- Some ‘on call’ out of office hours maybe required on a rota basis.
Who are you?
- Experience working within the transport office (ideally end to end experience from order capture – invoicing and freight settlement).
- Working experience in a European transport control tower would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience in the usage of transport management systems (preferably SAPTM).
- Any customs knowledge would be advantageous – particularly in relation to traffic into and out of the UK.
- Good European geographical knowledge.
- Highly organised, with excellent time management skills.
- Ability to maintain a level-headed approach even when working under pressure.
- Able to work equally well as part of a team or autonomously.
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal & listening in Danish and English.
- Positively able to demonstrate building relationships.
- Motivated, positive attitude and service minded.
- Assertive and confident in making decisions.
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices.
Application and contact
If you want to drive innovation and help your colleagues worldwide, then seize this exciting opportunity.
We have a purpose for Good
At Arla, we strive to unlock the highest potential in each other while working together to create a sustainable future of dairy. We call it Stronger People Stronger Planet and it is deeply anchored in our organisation and founded on our commitment to respecting human rights, increasing access to healthy dairy nutrition, inspiring good food habits, and improving the environment for future generations. In order to succeed we need to hire people with a sustainable mindset. Could this be you?