New Issues Operations
Job Reference #
In Group Operations we are the experts in how the firm operates. Our vision is to always enhance the client experience now and for the future. To succeed our people must:
• Know what our clients want and need.
• Deliver excellence.
• Build a common understanding.
The role is within the IB Operations function who are responsible for the delivery of IB Global Banking (GB) Equity Capital Markets (ECM) and Debt Capital Markets (DCM) deal structuring, trade booking, logistics and settlement services in close collaboration with GB OO, GB business, GB aligned finance and technology.
We’re looking for a New Issues Operations Specialist to:
• Execute the processes and controls you are responsible for in a timely, accurate and compete manner
• Understand the risks associated with your business and function.
• Work across teams and functions to get the best solution or course of action.
You’ll be working as part of the wider ECM/DCM New Issues team which is located in London. We are responsible for structuring and settling of complex transactions within Global Banking Operations. Operations Specialists can also act as direct contact and problem solver our business partners.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
• Transaction Management: reviewing trade bookings, manual payments, compliance & fee tracking
• Controlling: Managing mailboxes, investigating cash- and intersystem breaks, preparing reports for review, completing ad-hoc requests from other teams and departments, ensuring systems are updated correctly based on the deal/fee details, ensuring fee payments are made on a timely basis
• Reporting : Updating reports – daily/ weekly/ quarterly/ ad-hoc for various activities
• Other duties: Documentation downloading, Participating in Automation-Initiatives/ User Acceptance Testing of new projects
• Process daily activity events & transactions such as share buybacks, fee entries
• Manage resolutions of un-reconciled funds and discrepancies
• Mange exceptions and escalations – fails, breaks, etc
• Interface with Business, Finance, wider Operations teams
• Prepare and submit timely reports
• Work within established regulations and adhere to law requirements at all times
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, Mathematics, or closely-related quantitative field from an accredited school
• Fluent in English
• Good understanding of the financial/banking sector, ideally 1-2+ years of relevant experience in investment bank operations
Good to have:
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Strong focus on controls, procedures, quality, accuracy and detail oriented
• Well versed in Macros, VBA and other analytics tools
• An excellent communicator
• Self-motivated, confident and committed to the company goals
• Able to use MS-Office with advanced knowledge in Word, Excel and Power Point
• Capable to function under stressful conditions
• Great organizational skills
• Flexible and learning capacity to adapt to on-going changes
• Client service oriented
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, at UBS we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves.
Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.