Data Analytics Lead
Poland, Switzerland - Zürich, United Kingdom, United States - New Jersey
Job Reference #
London, Warsaw, Weehawken, Zürich
Are you a sharp evaluator of risk?
Can you analyze large amount of data and identify potential risks / gaps in controls?
We’re looking for a Data Analytics Lead to:
• consider inherent risks and processes / controls and come up with risk scenarios or key risk indicators (KRIs) to monitor for by 3rd lines of defense to identify areas / timing of audit work
• analyze large amounts of data to build KRIs or test key controls / processes in an audit
• work collaboratively with business and audit teams to connect the dots for efficient use of data sources, developing risk scenarios and leveraging data analytics (DA) skills
• communicate and promote DA uses and skills within our audit team to support upskilling auditors to use DA in their audits and risk assessments
• present DA results to internal and external senior management, particularly to support / substantiate the level of risks to enhance their understanding and judgment
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
You will be working in the Group Compliance, Regulatory & Governance (GCRG) audit function within Group Internal Audit (GIA) supporting DA initiatives and audit support for the Compliance, ORC and Financial Crime audit teams.
With over 400 auditors across 21 offices in 15 countries, GIA's role, as an independent function, is to support UBS in achieving its strategic, operational, financial and compliance objectives. We do this by assessing key processes as well as governance, risk management and the control environment within all business divisions and corporate center functions globally. We are independent in our work and report directly to the Chairman of the Board of Directors and the Audit Committee. We are a talent powerhouse that attracts and develops the best people, driving career growth in- and outside the department. Your role will be based in Weehawken, NJ.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
• a four year bachelors degree or the international equivalent in math, statistics, finance, business or a related field
• strong analytical skills and ability to identify key risks within a variety of transaction processes and critically challenge information
• strong experience in audit or internal control function areas within the financial services industry
• in-depth experience of compliance, financial crime, conduct and operational risks
• good knowledge of the regulatory environment in which UBS operates
• strong communication and networking skills and experienced building relationships with management
• flexible and committed team player who is self-motivated to perform analytics against risk hypothesis / scenarios
• able to work independently to deliver impactful analytics that contribute to the audit teams’ audits and risk assessmentsOGUL
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, at UBS we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves.
Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.