Job Reference #
Gdańsk, Kraków, Warsaw, Wroclaw
Are you well organized, with an eye for detail, while understanding the big picture at the same time? Do you know how to take care of business needs and provide high quality legal advice? Do you have a strong ability to manage and coordinate multiple internal and external interfaces? Are you experienced in contract negotiations?
We’re looking for a lawyer to:
- develop and maintain contract templates and questionnaires (Q&As) and curate know-how to support self-service capabilities for private, corporate and institutional (such as banks and regulated brokers) clients facing business units within Swiss universal bank
- review, amend and negotiate deviations to standard documentation related to day-to-day banking within Personal & Corporate clients (e.g. onboarding documentation)
- negotiate bespoke contracts and documentation (e.g. in connection with Corporate Finance transactions, cooperation agreements with external providers in connection with digital platforms
- act as first point of legal contact for internal projects regarding legal and regulatory change aspects related to e.g. new digital offerings and the development of other banking products
You’ll be joining the Krakow team supporting the UBS Personal & Corporate and Wealth Management Switzerland Legal. It is responsible for all legal matters with respect to financial services provided to clients booked in Switzerland.
- a master’s degree in Law (licensed attorney would be an asset)
- min. 5 years of experience in an international environment such as law firm, in-house legal department, with focus on financial industry a/o banking topics
- business fluent in English and ideally fluent in one of the main Swiss national languages (German, French or Italian)
- solid EU financial law/regulation knowledge
- Enthusiasm to learn about foreign legal bases/systems (in particular Swiss law)
- Interest in project work/management, able and willing to work proactively and independently to tight deadlines and to prioritize own workload
- strong analytical, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills, with a keen eye for both the details and the big picture, able to identify and manage risks in a new and evolving business
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, at UBS we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves.
Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.