Java Tech Lead for Server-side Development
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
• Providing technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new software projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing applications
• Designing/Coding, conducting code reviews, and testing software as needed along with participation in application architecture and design and other phases of SDLC
• Providing technical, troubleshooting, and design guidance to other team members including team management and oversight responsibilities
• Maintaining health and hygiene of application portfolio and ensuring compliance with firm, regulatory, and legal guidelines
You’ll be working in the Home Dashboard team in Wroclaw. We provide engineering services to WMA business divisions of the UBS group. Together as team, we provide solutions to unique business/market requirements in line with the established Corporate IT Standards. As a Java Technical Lead, you'll play an important role in developing client facing applications
• 6+ years of commercial hands-on experience in building robust and scalable enterprise applications
• At least 2 years hands-on experience with Microservices architecture
• Proficient knowledge of back-end development (Modern Java, Spring Core, Spring Boot, REST/SOAP, SQL/NoSQL, Redis or a similar distributed Java caching framework)
Nice to have:
• Experience in databases (preferably Postgres)
• Experience with one or more Cloud platforms (Azure preferred)
• Experience in Agile software development methodology
• Experience in TDD alongside use of automated test frameworks, mocking/stubbing etc.
• Experience in web application security, authentication methodologies, and SSO technologies
• Understanding of code/API versioning, experience with tools (GitLab, Jira) and DevOps process
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, at UBS we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves.
Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.