Corporate & Governance Lawyer
Job Reference #
Are you well versed in corporate law and corporate governance? Can you deliver practical legal advice in a fast-paced environment with an ever-evolving legal and regulatory framework?
We're looking for Corporate & Governance Lawyer to:
• Provide legal advice and support on general matters of corporate law and corporate governance affecting the organization of the UBS Group's legal entities or the composition and tasks of their corporate bodies;
• Monitor legal and regulatory developments, international trends and best practice with regard to corporate governance, providing interpretation on the impact for the UBS Group;
• Develop, review and interpret the key governance documents, policies and guidelines of the UBS Group and its legal entities;
• Advise and support UBS Group on the development of its corporate legal structure including internal and external corporate transactions and reorganizations
You’ll be working out of Krakow and supporting the Zurich-based Group Corporate and the Group Entities Governance Legal teams within Group Functions Legal focusing on thought leadership, legal advice and support in respect of general corporate law and corporate governance matters. The Group Functions Legal team is a global team of around 45 lawyers across all regions. We are organized in different sub-teams along our core-stakeholders and provide globally coordinated legal advice on regulatory, corporate, contractual, transactional and technology matters of Group relevance.
• Admission to the bar (additional relevant education such as an LL.M. is an asset)
• Relevant experience in corporate law and corporate governance either in private practice or working in-house in a global organization (preferably in the financial services industry)
• Excellent drafting skills, combined with firm judgment
• Strong communication skills, comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels and from different functions, enjoy collaboration across teams and functions
• Diligent with strong analytical and project management skills
• Result-oriented and assertive (you don’t shy away from challenging situations) and have an open and agile mindset, you’re comfortable working in a dynamic and complex environment
• Able to work confidently and effectively under pressure with appropriate prioritization
• Fluent in English (German or other languages are an asset)
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, at UBS we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves.
Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.