Job Reference #
Are you an expert in analytics? Are you an innovative thinker who likes to challenge the status quo? Do you know how to work well within a team and deliver effective solutions? We're looking for someone like that to carry out independent validation of models supporting the wealth management business, by
• assessing the model's conceptual soundness and methodology
• checking appropriateness of input data, model assumptions and parameters, calibration accuracy as well as of qualitative or expert adjustments, etc.
• reviewing outcome, impact, performing benchmark and robustness analyses
• identifying model limitations and evaluating overall model risk
• documenting the assessment to required standards
• interacting and collaborating with stakeholders: model developers, users, model governance representatives in order to safeguard the quality of our model risk management framework
You’ll be working in the Model Risk Management & Control team responsible for the independent validation of client portfolio models used within UBS, in particular by the Global Wealth Management division. The team's mandate comprises a wide range of portfolio valuation, risk estimation and optimization models, both in-house as well as externally developed.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
• a MSc degree in quantitative finance, mathematics, physics, statistics, econometrics or numerical discipline, PhD is a plus
• knowledge of financial markets and products, strong interest in the financial services industry, preferably in risk management
• solid coding skills in Python or R
• excellent analytical skills
• curiosity and a thirst for innovation
• able to explain technical concepts in simple, intuitive terms to facilitate collaboration
• willing to create your own brand in the group and companywide
• co-operative and team-oriented, while being able to motivate and organize yourself and complete tasks independently to high quality standards
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills – at UBS we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people – with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests – who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves.
Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.