Senior AI Development Lead
Job Reference #
Does quantitative modeling excite you? Are you an innovative thinker, experienced team leader and interested in risk topics? Do you enjoy turning AI into tangible business benefits ? Do you know what it takes to build up a team of highly qualified model developers ?
We're looking for a Head AI model development who will:
• act as the ‘Development Lead’ for the Methodologies and Models (M&M) hub in Poland
• directly report to the head of M&M and hold presence among the local management
• manage the scope of development activities which cover:
a) model development support for existing use cases / AI models as being part of our global portfolio run by the M&M team in Switzerland and
b) self-contained i.e. local development projects (e.g. AI asset build / SDK extensions, specific use cases) to be owned end2end by the Polish team, including stakeholder management (business, IT, MRMC)
• be responsible for the local team structuring, the ongoing team management and its continuous growth according to business requirements
• ensure adherence to standards related to our AI development pipeline, model validation, front / back-end interfaces and workflow procedures
• stakeholder management across various levels within the business unit and interact with all relevant GCRG stakeholders
• collaborate with data architects and IT specialists to support as well the development of a data strategy and bespoke technical infrastructure
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
Methodologies and Models within Group Compliance, Regulatory and Governance is a newly established unit which uses state of the art AI/Machine Learning based solutions, covering the entire non-financial risk control and compliance space. Our mandate is to design and build the next-generation methodology set and AI development pipeline & tooling in an end-to-end responsibility. We are an ambitious team, with a startup setup and entrepreneurial spirit, embedded within a global financial institution.
The role is available in Cracow, Poland in our fresh open Fabryczna Office.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
• university degree (Master's or Ph.D.) in Computer Science, Physics, Statistics or Mathematics
• at least 10 – 12 years of analytics / statistical model development experience, using advanced quantitative & machine learning methods, applied preferably in financial services, risk & compliance domain
• extensive experience in growing and leading teams of highly qualified model developers and software engineers
• expertise in Machine Learning development frameworks, model transparency and interpretability techniques
• deep knowledge of the end-to-end engineering process and of the specifics of the model lifecycle
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, at UBS we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves.
Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.