If you are looking for exciting and meaningful opportunities for strong communicators in a global company at the forefront of the energy business and climate debate read on.
The world is changing fast and Shell is changing too – not only to keep up with developments – but to anticipate and shape a better future. Shell’s newly integrated global Corporate Relations (CR) function brings together professional communicators, brand experts, government and community relations professionals and specialists in non-technical risk and social performance to work with commercial and technical colleagues and deliver company goals. The CR team will provide analysis and external perspectives, policy solutions and integrated advocacy, communications and content to strengthen Shell’s brand, reputation and global businesses. Drawing on a strong base of professional excellence, we aspire to be the best at achieving successful integrated outcomes for the business through effective engagement and communication with stakeholders and audiences.
Where you fit in:
The newly created Corporate Relations Content Adviser (Corporate) position is based in Krakow, Poland, where a growing communications community provides Shell’s global businesses with solutions in internal/external communications, community relations, content development and campaigning, brand and reputation management, commercial deal-making support, cutting-edge creative solutions and professional operations at the nerve centre of the Function.
The successful candidate will develop an aligned view on CA priorities and focus areas for Shell at the corporate level as part of the team which is tasked with developing and delivering the corporate reputation plan and shapes the way Shell shows up in the public sphere.
The position formally reports to CR Team Lead Corporate & Internal Communications in Krakow and informally to the CR Corporate Communications Manager in London/The Hague.
What is the role?
This role is accountable for research, analysis, tactical and operational support that assists in the delivery of the Corporate Reputation Plan to embed reputation at a company level, working closely with colleagues across CR and other corporate functions including Investor Relations and Strategy.
• Providing analysis and research to guide the overall positioning of the company as we navigate our way through the energy transition (and all associated challenges)
• Providing analysis and research to deliver CEO/CFO engagement strategies, working with others as appropriate
• Driving quality reputation management through the function (in line with the Shell Reputation Standard) including assisting the delivery of Corporate (Reputation) Risk Management Process and implementation Identification and management of reputation risks and coordination of related content (Reputation Book)
• Collaborating on the delivery of EC reputation schedule (in particular helping to shape and deliver senior leaders’ programme of activities throughout the year)
• Supporting the delivery of corporate events such as RI Day and the annual AGM and partner with P&A for reputation and communications support for external activities such as Davos and UN climate week
• Working with the Powering Progress strategy theme leads to implement effective content in support of our core content themes, including content support for key reporting activities
• Providing corporate communication support and disclosure for corporate functions as required
What we need from you:
• A strategic, creative and collaborative comms professional and an active self-starter who is quick to learn
• A corporate communications all-rounder; someone who can adapt to the many needs placed on a strong corporate communications team
• Ability to become a thought partner for colleagues across the business and functions.
• Ability to develop strong, trusted relationships with colleagues across Shell in both business and country roles
• Experience in drafting / writing alongside curiosity to identify opportunities for improvement / optimisation and willingness to implement improvement
• A learner mindset: being a role model in your levels of curiosity and being able to learn from your mistakes and successes
• Enable your best possible performance by collaborating and working across teams to achieve maximum commercial value for Shell as a whole