Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it’s not just what we do, it’s who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common. An unwavering sense of purpose and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers’ needs. It’s what inspires us to create meaningful solutions –the kind that make a real difference – when it matters most.
The world and our customers’ needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That’s why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.
In this role, you have the opportunity to make life better
Looking at the challenges the world is facing today Philips’ purpose has never been more relevant.
So whatever your role, if you share our passion for helping others, you’ll be working towards creating a better and fairer future for all.
As a Tax Automation Manager, you will have a project focused role with a “hands on” approach being the critical bridge between Indirect Tax Business and the IT department. You will be part of a passionate and enthusiastic tax team located in multiple regions. You will have the possibility to develop and gain a global awareness about tax legislation and automation.
- Coordinate implementation of new local tax requirements (e.g., SAF-Ts)
- Proactively identify tax process automation and improvement opportunities, evaluate technology options
- Drive continuous improvement and ensure that the processes remain compliant with the local fiscal regulations
- Support business development by representing Tax BPE domain in setting up new models/flows
- Partner with members of the tax teams to assess requirements, define scope and create estimates for tax relevant projects and initiatives
- Work closely with other departments to represent tax needs
- Participate in Vertex (tax determination engine) projects
- Monitor and report on tax progress and participate in the project status meetings
- Being an expert of your domain and share your knowledge with other stakeholders
As Tax Automation Manager, you will be part of Philips Accounting Operations (AccOps) Indirect Tax organization. Depending on the complexity of the project you will work with a cross-functional team or with Tax Operations.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- University degree in Finance or equivalent is required.
- At least 5 years of progressive work experience in area of Indirect tax.
- Fluent communication skills in English (both oral and written) is required.
- SAP knowledge (FI, CO module).
- Project Management skills with positive result driven attitude
- Ability to effectively prioritize and organize workload, multi-task is essential.
- Effective in influencing and collaborating (courageous discussions) with colleagues from various disciplines and cultures.
- Highly developed analytical capabilities, with a strong business and customer sense.
- Effective listening and communication skills, highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Proactive and hands on attitude and goal oriented.
- Able to drive change in processes to bring organizations in line with harmonized wow and or legal requirements.
- Structured working style with eye for detail and hidden risks.
- Team oriented and process driven.
In return, we offer you the unique combination of a business-critical, challenging role in a creative, empowering environment. Your professional development will be actively encouraged, so you can continue to grow and perform at your best, while being part of helping improve the lives of billions of people around the world.
- Annual bonus based on performance achieved
- Private medical care with option to extend it to family members
- Benefit System cards
- Discount for Philips’ products
- Relocation package applicable for people moving in from outside of Łódź region
- Wide variety of training & learning opportunities, including language up skill
- Promotion of healthy lifestyle in the office (fruits twice / week in the office, gym, massage chairs, various events)
How we work at Philips Global Business Service?
There are three core ways that define our ways of working – embracing flexibility, being at our best, and impactful collaboration. We believe this enables us to deliver an outstanding experience to our customers and create the best place to work for people who share our passion.
We know just how important direct interactions are and work is more engaging when we are more frequently face-to-face, and that we experience better collaboration which drives innovation. While we have many different types of roles across Philips most require a combination of in-person collaboration with colleagues and partners, usually at a Philips location, and individual focus time, which can be done remotely.
Why should you join Philips Global Business Service?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.
Visit our careers website to explore what it’s like working at Philips, read stories from our employee blog, find information about our recruitment process and answers to some frequently asked questions.