Contracting & Technology Lawyer
Job Reference #
Are you a qualified lawyer with international experience in vendor contracting, technology and outsourcing, particularly in a financial services environment and in European jurisdictions?
We're looking for a Contracting & Technology Lawyer to:
- Provide legal support for all aspects of vendor contracting, including advising on, drafting and negotiating contracts with suppliers and conducting legal reviews, with a particular emphasis on contracts governed by Swiss, German and English laws.
- Provide advice and support on a range of legal and regulatory topics, including outsourcing, cloud, emerging technology and third party risk management, as well as supporting the bank’s involvement in related matters such as fintech and M&A transactions as necessary.
- Advise on and support the roll-out of projects, processes and policies to cover changes in relevant laws and regulations.
You will work in the Contracting & Technology Legal team within UBS, based in Krakow or Wroclaw, reporting to the head of Contracting & Technology Legal based in Krakow.
The role is Swiss, German, UK and EU focused, but as part of a global team you should expect to participate in knowledge sharing and standard setting throughout UBS.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
- A qualified lawyer with excellent experience in commercial contracting, outsourcing and technology procurement and with a strong desire to learn new skills and broaden your legal expertise.
- Patient and meticulous with good analytical and project management skills.
- Able to assess and advise on complex risk as part of providing solution driven advice
- Demonstrated experience in relation to in-house positions (ideally within the financial services sector) and/or reputable private practice firms.
- Strong commercial acumen and ability to provide strategic value add.
- "Can do" attitude and prepared to roll up the sleeves, when required.
- Excellent stakeholder management and relationship building skills.
- A confident self-starter with the ability to work independently and under compressed timeframes.
- Experience of Swiss, German, English and EU law and regulation (particularly around outsourcing and cloud) would be optimal.
- Excellent English language skill are essential and German language skills would be a bonus.
How we hire
This role requires an assessment(s) on application. Learn more about how we hire
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, at UBS we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves.
Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.