About the job
As a Product Owner for Analytics Powerhouse, you will join one of our largest Agile programs at Arla, which is focused on delivering data & analytics enabled business transformation across the full Arla value chain from delivering projects and initiatives to business areas, but also working on a wider agenda making Arla a more data & analytics driven company. With projects ranging from the development of an in house forecasting platforms, through to unlocking insights via advanced analytics and data science, evangelizing and adopting self-service analytics we are investing heavily in data & analytics.
In the role as Product Owner, you are the content authority on a team level. You are responsible for selecting, prioritizing and accepting solutions (stories) that feed into the delivery of the project. And acting as a customer proxy, you represent the customer (the business) in front of your team. As such, your job is to secure the quality of the business solutions delivered. To do so, you continuously align with your business stakeholders. You are empowered to approve the team’s solutions.
Specifically, you will:
- Prioritize the team backlog (deliverables), streamline the execution of program priorities and maintain conceptual and technical integrity of the features or components the team is responsible for
- Collaborate with the Product Manager and other stakeholders—including other product owners—to define and prioritize your team’s projects
- Help your team succeed, facilitating the insights needed to make the right solutions and conducting e.g. workshops to come up with the best of ideas
- Deliver the specific business solutions – digital and physical – that enable us to evolve, adapt and continuously control and improve our capabilities in the years to come.
We manage and deliver within the SAFe Agile framework. As a Product Owner, you are part of an agile team, and you work alongside a scrum master to facilitate and secure the deliveries of an agile team of 7-10 team members. You will play a key role in securing the value and designing the solution that will help change and improve the Arla business within the specific area.
Who are you
As a Product Owner, you are expected to be able to make decisions, stand by them and explain why they are right. This job is to a great extent about prioritizing, collaborating with partners outside your team to understand the business needs and issues and being able to identify the solutions with the biggest value. Thus, your forte is to think what solution has the biggest impact and requires the least effort, is it possible, and how do I communicate this to others so that they also see that the solutions are great?
You might come from a similar role as Product Owner, Scrum Master or Project Manager.
Moreover, you have:
- a good business and process understanding within a certain business area – such as supply chain, logistics, financial forecasting or commercial and sales,
- knowledge and experience working with data & analytics,
- experience in understanding the full commercials of product delivery and operational KPIs,
- strong stakeholder management skills,
- strong leadership capabilities.