Screening team provides a third party screening service to the Shell Group to assess counterparty risks related to money laundering, bribery corruption, tax evasion, trade controls including terrorist financing or other related financial crimes. The Team Lead is responsible for managing one of the small teams of Junior Analysts, Analysts and Senior Analysts, under direct supervision of the Service Manager.
The team leader will lead by example and be accountable for building and maintaining team performance and engagement and drive for continuous improvement of team and processes. The team leader is a natural hands-on leader that drives performance, planning, processes and develops people along the way.
No direct budget responsibility
The Team Lead covers the planning and organization of their team's work, to engage and enable team members to execute work efficiently and effectively, and to maintain interfaces with key stakeholders from onshore/offshore counterparts and others; provides first-line supervision and leadership for a team size of 8-12 staff.
Deliver screening assessments in a process compliant way and within agreed timescale and KPIs. Ensure screening reports are recorded accurately and communicated appropriately.
Act as the Subject Matter Expert for screening searches and undertake non-standard searches that are either; complex, commercially sensitive, strictly confidential or involve a new set of circumstances not previously encountered.
Communicate team performance status and needs to the Service Manager and provide monthly service level metrics details.
Will manage the team’s involvement in programmes of internal and external audit, information management and other Compliance reviews.
Lead, drive, input, schedule and dedicate resource to continious improvement activities in conjunction with the Operations Excellence team.
Identify process improvements or control gaps and resolutions. Participation in major change programs if required.
Team Lead will support the Service Manager to develop & enhance these services to build stakeholder value by centralising & standardising group-wide ethics & compliance support services.
Professional experience in a sanctions screening in a risk, fraud, compliance or team lead position working in a Medium to Large organization for a minimum of 2 years.
Third level qualification Legal, Finance or Business related would be beneficial
Job Competency Profile
- Skill in motivating, coaching and developing the team
- Delivery Results Through Others
- Effective communication and persuasion
- Process and Data Management
- Business Performance Management
- Risk Management
- Governance and Assurance
- Knowledge of Trade Controls requirements is a need.
- Understand the legislation surrounding sanctions imposed on certain countries. Ability to interpret government regulations with a good understanding of technical requirements. Good understanding of the banks payment systems and knowledge of “Know Your Customer” requirements would be beneficial.
- Business Partnering
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
- Proficient PC skills. Computer literate (MSOffice suite Advanced Excel, Word and SharePoint).
- Ability to work well under pressure & prioritize tasks
- Ability to work in a global, matrix environment that spans multiple legal entities & teams
- Ability to work simultaneously with multiple conflicting priorities, timelines & stakeholders
- Excellent judgment & assessment skills; proactively employ personal curiosity to identify & research parties using a risk-based approach
- Ability to liaise with senior stakeholders, both within legal & compliance and the business, succinctly and with confidence