Lead Software Engineer in IB Tech Markets Regulation
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you an enthusiastic Software Craftsman with passion for innovation and quality? Do you know how to build robust and scalable backend data streaming applications? Do you have desire to lead a team of software engineers? We’re looking for an enthusiastic and proactive individual who is passionate about technology to join our team and:
• own, develop and maintain brand new and enhance existing Java-based applications,
• lead 5-8 people team, provide coaching, grow people, motivate, and drive execution,
• deliver assigned project, collaborate with business, and other teams around the globe,
• provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing design of applications,
• apply best development practices to produce code and utilize full potential of the technologies used,
• facilitate analysis and requirements gathering, and build relationships with users.
We are an agile team of technology savvies who own, design, and deliver a regulatory reporting platform used globally by entire UBS. Empowered to experiment with and use innovative technology stack (Kafka, Flink, Kibana, Azure, Databricks) we have initiated our platform’s evolution and brought data and stream processing in UBS to another level. We are waiting for you to join us in the journey ahead!
• Experience in designing and implementing Java-based (Java 8, Spring, Spring Boot) backend applications
• Solid Object-Oriented analysis and design skills, understanding of design patterns, clean code principles and concepts like OOD, TDD, BDD, DDD, CI/CD
• Good understanding of deploying, maintaining, and monitoring complex cloud-native Java applications
• Knowledge of modern technical architectures and know-how of how to leverage their benefits in practice
• Good understanding of applied solutions to meet non-functional requirements including supportability, resiliency, capacity, and scalability management
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
Nice to have:
• Experience as Team Leader, Technical Leader or Scrum Master
• Familiarity with event-driven architectures and stream processing
• Experience with Azure, Kafka, Kubernetes, Docker, ELK Stack, GitLab, Linux
• Hands-on experience in Agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, XP
• Experience or basic knowledge about investment banking and financial products
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, at UBS we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves.
Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.