We currently have a vacancy for an experienced Data Privacy professional to join our global Information Compliance team.
The team, led by the HR & Corporate Functions Information Compliance Manager, works with the Chief Privacy Office legal team and other senior stakeholders to ensure compliance with the Group’s Data Privacy manual. The team is accountable for Data Privacy and Information Compliance portfolios with a total reach of about 5000 employees. Our role is to embed Data Privacy & Information Management best practice in a fit for purpose manner throughout the Functions. This includes ensuring there are appropriate engagements, tools and training in place, and formal risks assessment and mitigation plans. Developing innovative solutions to innovative problems, in full cooperation with Legal and functional experts, is an essential part of doing business through excellent Data Privacy & Information Management practice. The team therefore plays a fundamental role in the Powering Progress ambitions of Shell to pursue safe and compliant data driven opportunities as part of Shell’s growth agenda. This position will suit someone of high energy, who loves compliance and who is committed both to protecting Shell’s reputation and enabling business growth through highly effective stakeholder’s management.
Why consider this role?
You will be part of a global high profile, highly respected and recognized team of SMEs. You have opportunities to relate to employees of all different organization levels, from Executives to individual contributors. This role will have a more specific focus on the portfolio of Data Privacy for the team.
Data Privacy is a rapidly developing area of compliance which impacts all of Shell’s businesses. In addition to gaining privacy skills which are always in high demand, you will be able to develop a strong network throughout the supported Functions and the Shell businesses, the Legal, IT and the Compliance teams in other areas of the company. Given the quick growing HR Digital agenda, there are opportunities to be involved in a variety of Data Privacy Continuous Improvement initiatives e.g. developing Data Privacy frameworks for newly acquired companies, upskilling of focal points network, etc..
The role works in a Global environment with colleagues based in different countries and audience located around the World; Line Manger is based in The Netherlands. The role reports directly to the HR & Corporate Functions Information Compliance Manager and work in strict cooperation with the HR Senior Data Privacy Advisor.
The Information Compliance Advisor:
· acts as HR Information Compliance Data Privacy focal point to ensure tools and trainings are in place to enable the Business to comply with the Group Standards and Guidelines as reported in Data Privacy Manual
· provides technical and practical advice, insights and dedicated guidance, supporting stakeholders to manage compliant use of personal data for new systems, services and changes to business processes.
· embeds elements of Privacy by Design in HR projects & processes, and ensures Information Management procedures are in place for compliance to Information Management rules
· advises HR businesses stakeholders on high risk/complex processing activities.
· manages Data Privacy Investigations process as incident coordinator and investigator when needed
· finds opportunity for own development and growth and proactively engages Line Manager to share knowledge with the rest of the team
· acts as Change and Engage agent for HR in DP and IM matters.
· drives a positive Information Compliance awareness culture
· IAPP certification strongly preferred, alternatively proven knowledge and experience in Data Privacy (at least 4-5yrs)
· Able to work with little supervision
· Able to relate to stakeholders and employees by tailoring delivery model based on specific needs
· Knowledgeable and comfortable with HR Systems
· Able to collect and analyze data to formulate conclusions
· Able to work virtually within a global community
· Good influencing and communication skills
· Fluent in English