Aon Sp. z o.o.
CoverWallet is a tech startup on a mission to reinvent the insurance industry combining data, design and technology. CoverWallet is growing rapidly and expanding across the USA. We're just more than a year old, and have raised $30 million in funding from top tier VCs (Foundation Capital, Union Square Ventures, Two Sigma, Index Ventures, and Founder Collective), and have built an incredible team of ~150 people (70% in New York and 30% between Madrid and Valencia). We are growing our team in Spain with some of the best engineers in Europe.
We are currently looking for a Lead Engineer to join our team in our Kraków office. Our goal is to implement an engineering team from 0, so It will be a new team.
About the role:
- We're looking for an awesome professional to be part of the Engineering team and help us with the security, stability and scalability of our multi-site platform while being and operational enabler for the rest of the organization.
What you will do here:
- Contribute to the team culture of the startup
- Manage a group of more senior/lead engineers
- Define and encourage a career path for the tech team
- Define teams and adapt them based on technical needs
- Mentor engineers and guide them in their career path
- Provide vision and leadership for the technical group
- Establish policies and guidelines regarding the creation, implementation, delivery,
- monitoring, and maintenance of code
- Ensure company technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Own architecture and design of core technology and software
- Provide technical guidance and hands-on experience in software development
- Create and deliver detailed technical documentation and presentations
- Coordinate with other non-tech areas and ease cross-work
- Responsible for retention in the team
- Responsible for team growth
- Maintain an ongoing awareness of emerging developments and trends in technology
- that could impact or influence current and future product development
- docker, kubernetes, jenkins, CI/CD environment, google cloud.
Who we are looking for:
- Expertise as a Software Engineer
- At least 5 years of experience in architecture design, implementation, deployment and maintenance of web Applications
- Experience in ruby is a must
- Experience leading teams of software developers or engineers
- Best practices practitioner around service-oriented architectures or microservices
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders
- Mastery of service-oriented architectures or microservices
- Mastery of clean code principles
- Experience with test-driven software design
- Excellent English communication skills
- Team player
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
Other valuable soft skills:
- Operations as a Service mindset.
- Influencing over ordering communication skills.
- Out-of the-box thinker.
- Autonomous learner.
- Proactive on taking ownership.
- Diverse and inclusive work environment - we value openness and authenticity and believe in the power of feedback
- Flexible remote work environment
- Employee-appreciation culture (multiple recognition programs)
- The best medical cover on the market with free dental care
- Wellbeing awareness (access to free mental health helpline, Stay-Well Day off, lectures, sports and more)
- Generous benefits package (personal accident insurance, benefit platform for vouchers and more)
- Internal career opportunities, individual development plan, professional development training and resources
- Lots of social events, charity actions and opportunities to integrate with colleagues