Regulatory Maintenance Analyst
Job Reference #
Are you keenly aware of the importance of an effective control framework? Do you thrive in a dynamic and collaborative environment? We're looking for someone like that to:
– be part of our Regulatory Maintenance team in Krakow
– be responsible for the accurate & timely maintenance of client data regulatory attributes
– be responsible for running control reports, flagging and resolving any errors in daily processes, identifying and escalating risks
– take responsibility for appropriate escalation and coordinate resolution delivery with relevant parties
– collaborate effectively with partner functions to enhance the process and eliminate recurring issues / exceptions
You will be working in the Regulatory Maintenance team in Krakow. This is a Client Lifecycle Maintenance function aligned to the Investment Bank. We are a processing & control function which performs the maintenance of client regulatory data attributes, using both third party data platforms and client sourced information. The team will be responsible for the tasks related to the US regulations – Dodd Frank and SEC SBSD. The members of the team will perform daily/weekly controls and reconciliations that are focused on ensuring client data is accurate and complete, resulting in a seamless trading and client experience.
– some familiarity and knowledge of the financial markets regulations (e.g. Dodd Frank, EMIR, etc.)
– experience in delivering quality client service
– a clear communication style
– an awareness of when to escalate
– having a pragmatic "can do" attitude
– an innovative approach to solving day-to-day process problems
– good English in speaking and writing
– strong MS Excel skills e.g. Vlookup, Pivot Tables (VBA/Macro design knowledge will be an additional asset)
– able to take ownership of the design and operating effectiveness of key controls and processes
– able to plan, organize and monitor your own day-to-day work with minimal guidance
– proactive, driven and results-oriented
– a dedicated team player and able to collaborate across functions to deliver results
– highly responsible, self-motivated, efficient and able to work under pressure and within tight deadlines
– able to identify root causes of issues and drive/implement changes
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, at UBS we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves.
Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.