Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it’s not just what we do, it’s who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common. An unwavering sense of purpose and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers’ needs. It’s what inspires us to create meaningful solutions – the kind that make a real difference – when it matters most.
The world and our customers’ needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That’s why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.
In this role, you have the opportunity to make life better
Looking at the challenges the world is facing today Philips’ purpose has never been more relevant. So whatever your role, if you share our passion for helping others, you’ll be working towards creating a better and fairer future for all.
As a Market Procurement Manager, you have the opportunity to develop the purchasing function and its impact on the business by deploying the purchasing strategy for innovative projects in the field of Medical Devices, Medical Accessories and Services across the Philips UK&I, French and Nordic markets.
You are responsible for
- Development of category sourcing strategies for each category area in the Health Systems business including Outsourced healthcare services and 3rd party products (e.g. hardware, software, accessories & medical equipment)
- Managing internal and external stakeholder relationships and driving category implementation strategies by partnering on activity from the bid through to tender and award for both the modality sales teams and the Managed Services Space
- Challenge and develop a full understanding of the cost base and total cost of ownership of the category, working with global commodity teams to align on best practice for all markets
- Driving new strategic activity through pro-active negotiation with the supply base
- Developing sourcing strategies in line with global policy, balancing global & local agreements
You are a part of our Global Business Services EMEA Hub in Łódź where we centralize our business processes. Our focus is on supporting faster workflows and collaboration across departments, to enable leaner operations and improved results. 1000+ strong and growing, our Global Business Services EMEA Hub in Lódź teams speak 30 languages and represent 13 different nationalities, supporting our operations in 50 countries supported on a daily basis.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- 5+ years of previous category sourcing experience in either directs or indirects, having managed at least one area of spend with sole autonomy
- Background in healthcare of medical environments, with knowledge of sourcing in a regulated environment would be a plus
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders to C-level working in a pressured environment
- Proven negotiation & excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English both written and verbal
- Procurement and Supply qualification would be an advantage
In return, we offer you
The unique combination of a business-critical, challenging role in a creative, empowering environment. Your professional development will be actively encouraged, so you can continue to grow and perform at your best, while being part of helping improve the lives of billions of people around the world.
- Annual bonus based on performance achieved
- Private medical care with option to extend it to family members
- Benefit System cards
- Discount for Philips’ products
- Relocation package applicable for people moving in from outside of Łódź region
- Wide variety of trainings & learning opportunities, including language upskill
- Promotion of healthy lifestyle in the office (fruits twice / week in the office, gym, massage chairs, various events)
How we work at Philips
Our newly-adopted hybrid work concept fuses flexibility with collaboration to deliver great outcomes for our people and our customers. We are embracing an approach wherein we spend more time together than apart – which for full-time employees translates to an average of at least 3 days working from the office and up to 2 days from home – for our hybrid roles.
Hybrid work flexibility means people can meet the changing demands of work and home in the most balanced, productive, and healthy way. Hybrid work flexibility means people can meet the changing demands of work and home in the most balanced, productive, and healthy way.
Our hybrid working model is defined in 3 ways:
We believe in the importance of impactful collaboration: There's a certain energy when everyone’s in the same room that can heighten idea generation and creative friction needed for problem-solving.
We embrace flexibility: Choosing where, when and how to work can vary according to task and team schedules. Flexibility isn’t office or online, it means choosing the space that works best for you, your teams and our customers on a case-by-case basis.
We want to be at our best: The way we work and our workspaces are designed to support our well-being, offer career advancement opportunities, and enable us to be at our best.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.