We are looking for an experienced Business Analyst to support our Strategic Account Managers within Shell Marine business.
Shell Marine is a value growth and resilient business that consistently delivers Cash surplus and a high return to the Group despite the very challenging industry condition.
The shipping industry with all its diversity and global interdependencies is considered a hard to decarbonize industry. Supporting shipping on the journey to net zero by 2050 will be therefore challenging but also full of exciting opportunities and Shell Marine is playing an important role as provider of fuels, lubricants and services to the sector.
Shell Marine as a global team sits inside the Sector & Decarbonization organisation in Shell and is responsible for driving the decarbonization agenda and roadmap for the Marine eco-system specifically in the fuels area (customers, ports, industry organizations, etc). The team will be instrumental in Shell’s energy transition by working closely with the shipping customers and the Marine Eco-system to develop a path to decarbonization. In addition, the team will partner with various Shell stakeholders to develop a suite of solutions for the marine industry.
As a Strategic Accounts Business Analyst, you will be supporting the Strategic Account Managers in Sectors & Decarbonization: Marine. You will need to understand and translate customer insights, prepare deal economics, and identify solutions for End to End execution of strategic accounts. This role provides opportunity for candidate to demonstrate problem solving skills backed by data analytics and platform to communicate insights to relevant stakeholders globally.
Your role will include:
- Translating business requirements into functionality and assessing the risks, feasibility, opportunities, via providing insights backed by data analytics to understand where constraints and flexibilities may lie
- Working with the Strategic Account Manager to translate customer needs into potential decarbonization offers
- Assess and model processes, data flows, and technology to understand the current value and issues, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Demonstrate practical problem solving via understanding issues, creative commercial structuring and adaptable to changing regulatory environment
- Support longer-term business strategic goals through proposing improvements, in value, cost, process, data, technology, functionality, and initiating high-level business requirements and feasibility studies to discover options and directions.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to navigate complex stakeholders is essentially to success in this role
- This role is global scope, so you may be working in a virtual team across multiple time zones may require availability during early morning and/or evening hours- Articulating business proposals succinctly and engage stakeholders for their inputs in timely fashion
- Ability to take a systematic and analytical approach to problem solving and pay close attention to detail
- Ability to manage & support decision making where data/supporting material is incomplete or ambiguous
- Strong financial and/or economic modelling and analysis
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Able to present finding concisely, writing proposals, preparing presentation material
- A strong commercial acumen, an economic and entrepreneurial mindset, and understanding of Downstream businesses, Trading and/or the shipping industry
- A Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Business, Engineering, or Analytics preferred
- Fluent English