Technology Risk & Controls Specialist: Risk & Controls Self Assessment
Compliance, Information Technology (IT), Risk
Job Reference #
Can you investigate complex situations and propose solutions? Do you have experience working in complex technology control environments? We are looking for someone like you to join our Risk & Control Self Assessments team as part of Technology and Operations Risk Management and to:
• act as a technology risk and controls expert in a role pivotal in defining how Chief Digital & Information Office (CDIO) Technology implements the firm's operational risk framework
• advise stakeholders on control implementation, risk processes improvements, as well as managing the underlying analysis and defining recommendations.
• routinely interface with various stakeholders across all of CDIO Technology's functional streams, as well as with the Technology and Operations Risk Management organization and the firm's 2nd and 3rd line control functions.
• support the implementation of Risk & Control Self-Assessment for CDIO Technology and related risk assessments and remediation tracking
• consult and provide expertise in risk-related frameworks, regulations, policies, processes & tools
• ensure that CDIO Technology operates as documented in our Operational Risk Framework
You’ll be working in the Technology and Operations Risk Management (TORM) organization in Poland as part of our Risk & Control Self Assessments team. Our remit is to ensure that CDIO Technology operate as documented in the Operational Risk Framework (ORF) across regionally and functionally-aligned teams. We’re responsible for technology risk management, overseeing risk remediation, and ensuring technology controls are designed and operating effectively. You'll be working closely with your counterparts – business risk managers, Technology Services, as well as the 2nd and 3rd lines of defense.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
• at least 5-years’ experience in technology and IT risk management, risk controls, or audit in the financial services industry
• extensive knowledge and practical experience in the use of risk and control related frameworks and standards (e.g., Cobit, COSO and ISO standards regarding especially information security, BCM and risk management), IT industry best practices (e.g., ITIL or PMP) and process optimization (e.g., Lean/Six Sigma)
• strong analytical skills and a sound technology background
• strong problem-solving and communication skills, including experience presenting to senior management
• an understanding of operational risk management and implementation in practice
• extensive experience in data analysis, validation and presentation of results (MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Tableau, Alteryx)
• a university degree, ideally in computer science or information technology or engineering related discipline is a plus
• a risk or control-related certification, such as CRISC or CISSP, is preferred
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, at UBS we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves.
Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.