Technology Risk & Controls Expert
Information Technology (IT), Risk
Job Reference #
Can you investigate complex situations and propose solutions? Are you skilled at conducting risk assessments and implementing control frameworks? Do you have experience working in complex technology control environments? Can you assess and remediate technology risks end to end?
We're looking for a Technology Risk & Controls Expert to:
• monitor our controls environment, risk remediation focus and how Chief Digital & Information Office (CDIO) Technology adheres to the firm's operational risk appetite
• advise stakeholders on control implementation, risk process improvements, as well as managing the underlying analysis and defining recommendations
• routinely interface with various stakeholders across all of CDIO Technology's functional streams, as well as with the Technology and Operations Risk Management organization and the firm's 2nd and 3rd line control functions.
• consult and provide expertise in implementing processes & tools in accordance with our risk policies and frameworks
• ensure that UBS Technology operates as documented in our Operational Risk Framework and Operational Risk Appetite Statement
• establish and maintain an effective culture of risk management across our Top Risks
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
You’ll be working in the Technology and Operations Risk Management (TORM) organization in Poland as part of our Risk Appetite and Strategic Remediation team. Our remit is to ensure that Technology operate as documented in the Operational Risk Framework (ORF) across regionally and functionally-aligned teams. We’re responsible for technology risk management, overseeing risk identification and remediation, and ensuring technology controls are designed and operating effectively. You'll be working closely with your counterparts – business risk managers, Technology Services, as well as the 2nd and 3rd lines of defense.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
• ideally 10 years of experience in technology and IT risk management, risk controls, or audit in the financial services industry
• a university degree, ideally in computer science or information technology or engineering related discipline is a plus
• a risk or control-related certification, such as CRSIC or CISSP, is preferred
• extensive knowledge and practical experience in the use of risk and control related frameworks and standards (e.g., Cobit, COSO and ISO standards regarding information security, BCM and risk management)
• proven analytical skills with a sound technology background
• strong problem-solving and communication skills, including experience presenting to senior management
• an understanding of operational risk management and implementation in practice
• sound experience in data analysis, validation and presentation of results (MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Tableau) strong problem-solving and communication skills, including experience presenting to senior management
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, at UBS we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves.
Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.