Ireland, Poland, Switzerland - Ticino, Switzerland - Zürich, United Kingdom
Job Reference #
Dublin, Kraków, London, Lugano, Zürich
Are you a curious mind set, eager to embrace digital challenges of the industry? Are you ready to become a trusted advisor to your business partners anticipating risks and exploring opportunities?
We're looking for someone like that to:
• act as the relationship manager / point of entry for legal cross border matters arising out of cross border activities conducted in the business units focusing on common law jurisdictions (in particular UK, Ireland, Canada, Australia)
• establish and maintain internal policies, internal guidance and training regarding cross-border business activities in close cooperation with the legal teams in the domestic/onshore entities, tax department, compliance and the affected retail as well as corporate business units
• assess different business projects from a cross border angle, including marketing and digital initiatives
• interacting with industry associations as well as local and foreign regulators in a challenging political and regulatory environment
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback
You’ll be working in the Legal Wealth Management / Asset Management Cross Border Switzerland team based in Switzerland and worldwide. Our international team provides our colleagues and senior managers within Wealth Management high-quality, tailor-made legal advice relating to the development, set up and monitoring of cross border activities. As an experienced regulatory lawyer, you will be a trusted advisor to the business by delivering best-in-class support on legal and regulatory matters to effectively manage our legal risks.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients
• a law degree accompanied ideally by a post graduate qualification (bar exam and/or LL.M.), ideally in a common law jurisdiction with a strong knowledge of EEA regulatory and markets access environment
• at least 5 years of post-qualification experience in international banking in relation to EU/UK regulatory law (banking and investment services), gained as in-house lawyer, in a law firm or with a supervisory authority
• strong English writing and communication skills; knowledge of other languages (in particular Spanish) is a strong asset
• common sense and a healthy risk appetite
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, at UBS we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves.
Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Business Solutions AG
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.