Software Engineer (Python)
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about bringing systems to life? Do you have a curious nature, always interested in how to innovate? We’re looking for someone like that to help us:
• be part of a software development team to produce high quality applications
• analyze and understand business and technical stories, writing code, implementing automated tests, contributing to release and iteration planning and developing the working practices of the team
• always looking for the room for improvement, and perfection
• complete the unit testing of components for integration into larger subsystems
• support the business in resolving high-priority defects and deploying fixes to production systems
• make sure that produced code is secure, stable and operational before being released to production
You'll be part of the Evidence Lab team who are developing cutting edge digital solutions to help internal and external clients make better decisions with data. Within Evidence Lab Innovations Technology, you will be part of a growing team that is focused on blending solutions covering optimization and analytics to drive business results and digital transformation. You'll be working in a global team, with colleagues in the United Kingdom, the United States and India. You primary focus will be working with your team leader to build a new website focusing on retrieving web data in the most efficient, reliable and flexible way, so analysts can research, monitor and analyze the data to make informed decisions.
• ideally 5 years or more of OOP language development experience in Python
• experience of using the Django Framework for web development
• can demonstrate all OOP concepts
• Algorithms/data structures and their optimization concepts is a plus
• Proficient in writing Unit and Integration tests
• Competent with writing SQL queries ideally using Postgres
• Accustomed with working in both Windows and Linux environments
• Good communication and collaboration skills
• Experience using source code management systems such as Git
• curious and collaborative, comfortable working independently, as well as in a global team
• the go-to person for the latest development innovation
• imaginative and creative with emerging technologies and an ambassador for test and behaviour-driven development
• adaptable, able to work across teams and functions
• a strong communicator – able to interface with key business and technology stakeholders
Nice to have:
• familiar with Agile methodologies such as Scrum
• front end development using React
• worked on Containerized Applications (Using Docker, Kubernetes or similar technologies)
• experience with microservices
• knowledge on Azure / Cloud understands AZ-900 concepts
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, at UBS we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves.
Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.