Lead Web Developer (Backend)
Job Reference #
Are you passionate on web development? Do you have a curious nature and innovative instinct?
We’re looking for someone like that who would:
• Lead the development of global platforms for Evidence Lab.
• Become the go-to person for technical solutions, satisfying demands from both internal and external clients.
• Own the analysis, refinement and delivery following business requirements.
• Maintain scalable code base via conducting code review, building reusable code frameworks and documenting standards.
• Research proof of concepts & new technologies to drive platforms’ long term evolution.
• Coach and grow the development team.
You'll be part of the Evidence Lab team. We are a highly specialized primary research team within the Global Research Department, designing highly differentiated and in-depth analytical projects to facilitate the investment debates and answer pivotal questions for use in published research content.
Within Evidence Lab, you will be part of the Engineering team that is focused to architecture, development and maintain platforms to support the growing Evidence Lab business. You will lead the backend development of our strategic web platform managing business workflow and client projects.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience of OOP language development in python, can demonstrate OOP concepts.
• Experience in web development, Django is preferred.
• Algorithms/data structures and their optimization concepts is a plus.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
• Ability to clarify requirement, and build technical solution of simplicity and elegance.
• Ability to own the full software development life cycle.
• Proficient in writing unit and integration tests.
• Competent with writing SQL queries ideally using Postgres.
• Comfortable working independently, as well as in a global team.
• Comfortable working with deadlines.
• Adaptable to change in priorities.
• Experience using source code management systems.
• Accustomed with working in both Windows and Linux environments.
Nice to have:
• Familiar with Agile methodologies such as Scrum.
• Front end development using React.
• Worked on containerized applications (Using Docker, Kubernetes or similar technologies).
• Experience with microservices.
• Knowledge on Azure / Cloud understands AZ-900 concepts.
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, at UBS we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves.
Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.