Firmwide Stress Methodology Specialist
Job Reference #
Are you adept at risk matters and familiar with quantitative modelling? Are you interested in Stress Testing? Do you enjoy working in a highly specialized team to develop and deliver solutions?
Then we are looking for you to:
– create, develop, and maintain stress testing models for UBS Group and its local legal entities, and in particular, risk models related to treasury risks such as funding, funding valuation adjustment, and structural foreign exchange risks,
– use techniques from quantitative risk management, financial mathematics, or econometrics to build stress testing models which are sensitive to systematic, idiosyncratic, as well as climate risk factors,
– implement and test models in R or other programming languages and produce clear documentation,
– bring new quantitative modeling ideas to our team to push ahead key projects within UBS,
– interact and discuss with key stakeholders (senior model owner, business representatives, model validation teams, IT and model governance bodies)
You’ll be working in the Firm-wide Stress Methodology team in Krakow. Our role is to develop, maintain, and apply UBS’ stress testing framework for assessing the impact of global macro-economic scenarios on the firm’s profitability and capital adequacy. The framework captures firm-wide risk types across all businesses world-wide. We develop and maintain a suite of scenario-aligned stress risk models and support diverse additional stress-related regulatory activities including climate risk.
– a master’s or PhD degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Econometrics, Statistics, Financial Engineering, Computational Science, Quantitative Finance),
– at least 3 years of experience in risk modelling with proven knowledge of statistical and econometric methods and their applications,
– good understanding of financial markets and products, the banking business, and treasury activities at a global bank, incl. knowledge of financial and regulatory accounting,
– strong analytical, conceptual, and organizational skills with the ability to work under tight deadlines
– very good communication skills and the ability to explain technical topics clearly and intuitively, both written and orally
– experienced in creating your own models and proficient in programming with statistical software
– a great communicator and you know how to handle challenging situations
– team-orientated, while able to complete tasks independently to high quality standards
– fluent in English
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, at UBS we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves.
Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.