CRO GWM Risk Governance and Control Specialist
Job Reference #
Are you independent, self-driven and a team player? Can you think on your feet? Do you have an understanding of the GWM business with a strong focus on governance and controls?
We are looking for a candidate to join our global team to support our GWM governance and control processes and this includes:
• Operational Risk Management support; including production of meeting materials, issue remediation review and challenge and KPCi assessment co-ordination and reporting.
• Automation and central support for the sourcing and review of KPCi test data.
• Support for our Regulatory and GIA materials preparation, update meetings and co-ordination of Regulatory and GIA reviews and audits.
• Reputational Risk case support for the regional and divisional Reputational Risk chair and secretary.
• Credit Incident case materials preparation and support for the Credit Incident Forum chair and secretary.
You will be working in Poland with teams based in both Zurich and Singapore. You will play a pivotal role in the success of this team and its day to day operations. In this function you will be exposed to an interesting mix and varied set of responsibilities, working alongside a highly motivated and energetic team.
You'll be working in the [desk name] team in [Location]. [Provide a further description of your team]
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
• 2+ years of working experience in the financial services industry.
• Knowledge of GWM credit and operational risk practices as well as an understanding of risks and controls and frameworks in the financial services industry.
• Strong data analysis skills.
• Proficiency in Excel (incl. macros), Word and PowerPoint.
• Awareness of project management lifecycle and planning.
• Strong oral and written communication skills with excellent attention to detail.
• A strong collaborator and confident communicator.
• Ability to work independently and in a demanding environment.
• Able to prioritise multiple tasks and deadlines.
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, at UBS we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves.
Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.