If you are a data scientist with a passion to show business impact and value to the business with your data science skills, this could be a right opportunity for you to apply.
What’s the role?
As a data scientist you’re going to be responsible for:
- End to end delivery of specific analytics projects in Finance domain
- Developing advanced Data science solutions for problem statements in Finance
- Generating business insights from data analytics at the request from the business, generate and enable value to the business.
- Identifying new value pockets and bring key business stakeholders on board and enable value through project delivery
- Setting up and demonstrating world class standards and best practices in project execution and quality of delivery
- Articulating clearly, the data science work, its approach, and its value to all stakeholders
What we need from you?
We need a strong individual contributor with excellent delivery skills. Experience of presenting customer centricity solutions and understanding of the business will also be a key skill for this role.
- Strong experience in data science/Analytics projects, particularly Forecasting (great if some work is documented in a GitHub repo)
- It would be an advantage if the candidate has completed 1 to 2 projects in Finance domain using analytics
- Understanding of Finance/ Financial Accounting is an additional advantage
- Working knowledge of SQL and Python or R is essential
- Familiarity with key concepts of object-oriented programming
- Knowledge of SAP, Power BI and/or Alteryx would be an advantage
- Proficiency in any other programming languages (especially C++, Java, SCALA) would be an advantage; knowledge of cloud technology would be an asset
- Expertise in Statistics / Mathematics [Data Quality Analysis, Data identification, Hypothesis testing, Univariate / Multivariate Analysis, Cluster Analysis, Classification/PCA, Factor Analysis, Linear Modeling, Logit/Probit Model, Affinity & Association, Time Series, DoE, distribution / probability theory]
- Expertise in Advanced Timeseries forecasting techniques, Advanced Machine learning techniques [ Decision Trees, Neural Networks, Deep Learning, Support Vector Machines, Clustering, Bayesian Networks, Reinforcement Learning, Feature Reduction / engineering, Anomaly deduction, Natural Language Processing (incl. Theme deduction, sentiment analysis, Topic Modeling), Natural Language Generation