Who we are looking for
The role of a SPDR Research Analyst is to provide data and analytical support to the Global SPDR Business with a specific focus: Competitive Analysis Returns Based Data & Analytics Portfolio Analysis Thought leadership and constant improvement. This role provides support, and is part of, the SPDR Americas Research team. As an analyst, you will engage with all channels of the SPDR sales organization to provide thorough research and market/competitive analysis. You will also collaborate with marketing, product, and the investment strategy teams to achieve the firm’s desired results. The candidate will be able to analyze products within the context of the competitive landscape and evaluate positioning for our clients. You should have a desire to utilize technology and create solutions to increase efficiencies in the workflow.
The candidate should possess good mathematical, decision-making and communication skills.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world that provides services to the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
- Production of Morningstar Side by Side comparisons
- Providing thoughtful reasoning and build an investment case for a client to use a SPDR ETF versus exposures.
- Production of Universe comparison in Morningstar vs competition both ETF and active funds
Returning Based Data and Analytics
- Production of Zephyr Based Returns reports
- Providing data sets to clients such as holdings, returns streams, fundamental characteristics, and other ad hoc requests
- Production of the SPDR signature Portfolio Insights and Analysis, an in-depth look into our client’s portfolio construction featuring valuable insights to areas of weakness and potential risk
Thought leadership and constant improvement
- Taking part along SPDR Americas Research team in creation of analysis, white papers, commentaries,
- Building automated data-feeds for monthly and quarterly updates of: index comparisons documents, standard presentations.
- Identifying new areas for research and.
- Improving existing processes and tools.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Good numerical and analytical abilities
- Ability to prioritize workload and work to tight deadlines
- Ability to use initiative, demonstrate flexibility and think creatively to solve problems
- Absolute attention to detail and high degree of accuracy when working under pressure
- Desire to develop understanding global ETF landscape and the SPDR ETF business
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint. Computer literacy is essential although some IT skills can be acquired during training. Excel is particularly important as roles often involve financial modelling and projection work.
- Good communication skills – both verbal and written
- Team player
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- Experience requirement: 2-5 years working in a financial institution or a finance-specific industry
- Very good English
Other beneficial skills (but not necessary):
- Working knowledge of using tools such as Bloomberg, Morningstar, and Zephyr preferred.
- Previous experience with ETFs is desirable,
- Commitment to further study and qualifications (preferably CFA or studying for CFA designation)
- Microsoft Excel VBA and Programming skills
- Awareness or risks associated with investing
- Maintaining knowledge of market and economic issues