Traded Products Lawyer
Germany, Poland, United Kingdom
Job Reference #
Frankfurt am Main, Kraków, London
Are you an experienced derivatives lawyer? Are you familiar with structured products linked to various fixed income or equities underlyings? Do you enjoy working in-house and advising on a wide range of legal issues?
We are looking for a Traded Products Lawyer like you to:
• provide in-house counsel to our Global Markets businesses, focussing on structured products linked to FX, rates, credit, equites or funds in both derivative and securitized formats, and on electronic and OTC derivatives trading
• act as a trusted advisor to our businesses whilst being a “control function” and to provide challenge in order to minimize legal and regulatory risk
• liaise with other internal functions at UBS (including tax, compliance and credit), external counsel and other service providers on a UK and global scale
• keep abreast of current regulatory issues (such as ESG, EMIR, AIFMD, MIFID II and EUBR) and their impact on structured transactions, derivatives and SPVs
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
You will be part of our Global Markets EMEA legal team within Group General Counsel (GGC), based in London, Frankfurt or Krakow. We are responsible for supporting our firm’s Investment Bank Global Markets EMEA business with legal and regulatory advice in respect of its sales and trading client services.
Our function handles a wide range of traded products including standard OTC trading and bespoke structures, covering interest rates, FX, equities and also consider any regulatory issues that may arise.
• fully qualified lawyer in England or any similar jurisdiction
• experience of standard trade documentation (particularly ISDA and SPV programmes)
• strong technical drafting and communication skills as well as broad understanding of the current regulatory background
• team player and "can do" attitude
• willingness to challenge the status quo, to become a trusted advisor, and to act as a balanced "control" function whilst still maintaining effective relationships with Front Office and other functions within our bank
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, at UBS we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves.
Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting United Kingdom
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.