Compliance & Operational Risk Control Specialist - German Speaker
Job Reference #
Do you have experience with compliance or risk? Are you truly collaborative and motivated to join a team of compliance specialists? Do you want to be part of an exciting journey shaping our Monitoring, Surveillance and Control Function (MS&C)?
We’re looking for a C&ORC Specialist who will:
• perform 2nd line of defense manual controls for EMEA locations
• act as a compliance and operational risk control (C&ORC) subject-matter expert for EMEA C&ORC stakeholder
• support EMEA stakeholders in identification of operational risks
• support EMEA Central Controls Team in delivering its mandates
• drive change-related activities for identified process improvements
• ensure consequence and persistence in building compliance knowledge and expertise
You’ll be working in EMEA Central Controls team in Krakow. The Team is responsible for performing Sanctions, KYC, Anti-Corruption, Suitability, Conflicts of Interest and Cross-border manual compliance controls for EMEA locations. As C&ORC Specialist, you’ll perform 2nd line of defense controls for Wealth Management, Asset Management and Investment Bank divisions. You will be liaising on a daily basis with Senior Stakeholders located across EMEA.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
• Bachelor`s or master`s degree or equivalent in law, finance, economics or language studies
• fluent in English and German, both written and verbal
• 2-3 years of proven experience in risk, audit or compliance
• strong communication and interpersonal skills
• team player with an ability to work across levels
• innate sense of how to prioritize and capable to juggle many tasks simultaneously in an effective manner
• always looking to remove barriers and improving efficiency and effectiveness of activities
• ability to quickly gain knowledge on assigned processes and act as Subject Matter Expert
• methodical, concise and accurate, with strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skill
• skilled in MS Excel
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, at UBS we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves.
Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.