Who we are looking for
The GTS EMEA PMO and Reporting CoE are responsible for delivering Technology Service reports , Project reporting and Executive Management Presentations which provide insight to Executives and other senior members of the GTS business and Senior Executives. We deliver a diverse range of weekly, monthly, quarterly and ad hoc executive level reports and presentations in a timely, accurate and value adding manner – supporting our senior stakeholders with their decision making and their communication / presentation of performance.
What you will be responsible for
As a PM Analyst you will
Reporting to the GTS EMEA PMO Manager, the role of the PMO Analyst is to support the development and on-going management of a regional transformational Programme, ensuring senior management decisions lead to fulfilment of strategic objectives and responsible for leading governance and assurance across the Programme.
As PMO Analyst you will support the production of reporting and analysis of several high profile Technology portfolio deliverables, including the following which are provided to the EMEA CEO & COO and GTS CIO and their direct reports: Technology performance and service analysis; Various Committee and Board Reporting and EMEA Portfolio Governance Reports. In addition, you will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of MI and Analysis frameworks and will support the team with a variety of ad hoc reporting, presentation and analysis tasks.
To be successful in the role you will have experience of producing regular and ad hoc Management Information; be able to efficiently and proactively support the team; possess strong and adaptable Excel and PowerPoint skills; be familiar with CA PPM and PMO methodologies building robust and reliable reporting frameworks; recognise the importance of controlled reporting environments; work under pressure whilst maintaining accuracy; be studying towards a project management qualification.
- Governance Meetings Manage the collation of presentation of meeting material for governance and review meetings, translating complex information to enable informed decision making
- Assurance Work with the PMO Manager to establish Health Checks and Deep Dives, ensuring Projects within the Programmes are delivering to the agreed Time, Cost, Quality and continue to meet overall strategic objectives
- Reporting Ensure all projects in the Programme are appropriately reported to enable timely & high quality submissions to senior stakeholders for Portfolio reporting.
- Escalation Escalate areas of governance deviation to PMO Manager and Programme Director with recommendations for remediation
- Governance Work with key stakeholders to ensure there is a consistent method for sanctioning projects within the Programme
- Centre of Excellence Work with the PMO Manager to enhance the Centre of Excellence providing tools, templates and best practice guidance/coaching to the PM community
- RAID Management Support management of Portfolio risks, issues and dependencies log in line with the risk framework
- Planning Support regular portfolio, programme and project reviews and ensure programme and project plans are maintained, providing a real-time, comprehensive and prioritised view of relevant programmes/projects
- Benefits Support benefits planning and forecasting processes across the Portfolio and identify gaps, overlaps and conflicts to help eliminate double counting in the Benefits Realisation Plans of individual programmes and projects
- Scenario planning Support key stakeholders to undertake “scenario” and “what-if” analysis of the various delivery options within the Portfolio
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written communication and reporting skills
- Project Management Qualification an advantage. Alternatively working towards attaining such a qualification.
- Required Competencies
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behaviour
- Provide appropriate management information as required to support business unit decision making
- Support the ‘Risk Excellence’ culture within the business
- Adhere to limits of delegation and escalation procedures required by your manager so that you comply with internal policies and external regulations