Who we are looking for:
An excellent opportunity has arisen at the Associate 1 level within External Reconciliations Team in Gdańsk, Poland, which involves carrying out an important function within the operation. The successful candidate’s responsibilities primarily include the timely and accurate reconciliation of State Street Bank GmbH German Branch data with external parties information, investigating and resolving discrepancies. This will also involve working closely with other SSB GmbH Business Units.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors require their instructions to be processed accurately and timely, your role will be to ensure that is the case throughout number of different functions. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Reconciliations Specialist you will:
- Perform daily or periodical reconciliation of cash and stock records according to operating procedures.
- Process timely and accurately all related activity as set out within operating procedures.
- Verify the work of other Specialists within the team for quality and accuracy.
- Deliver effective client service.
- Effectively prioritize the workload and ensure daily tasks are completed.
- Participate in departmental procedure review.
- Assist with collating department management information.
- Communicate effectively with custodians and internal State Street departments
- Work with first line Manager on process improvements
- Participate and complete assigned projects and departmental initiatives as required.
- Collaborate with other Teams to discuss non-standard topics
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills essential
- Demonstrates ability to work accurately and to daily deadlines
- Able to focus despite disturbances
- Able to independently think of solutions or address any questions
- Acts collaboratively
- Willingness to learn
- Team player
- Idea generator
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Communicative in English
- Experience in working in financial environment would be an advantage, but is not required
- An understanding of the financial services industry
- Knowledge of financial instruments
- An understanding of what a screening team is
- Educated to a degree level (preferred)
- Experience with Fund Accounting or Custody would be an advantage, but is not essential
- Flexible working hours (restricted to the current business need)
- Possibility to Work From Home
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops