Who we are looking for:
Responsible for ensuring timely and accurate delivery of the end to end AML/KYC process for on boarding new customers and accounts, completion of periodic reviews, event driven reviews and any other AML related analysis as required, in accordance with applicable AML policies and procedures.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
- Create the AML/KYC record in the system sourcing information from internal and external sources for all risk ratings (Regulatory websites, Company website, Banker’s Almanac, Lexis Nexis, World Check etc.)
- Perform Know Your Customer due diligence in line with applicable AML Policies & Procedures and consider the risks to State Street when on boarding or completing periodic reviews / EDR's
- Collaborate with key stakeholders with regards to the execution and accurate tracking of key deliverables from the EMEA BU AML Centre.
- Follow the speak up, listen up values - including timely escalation of AML concerns, suspicious activity or any corporate policy breaches
- Meet agreed targets for AML/KYC record review and completion within agreed timeframes escalating when required
- Attend and participate in AML awareness training sessions to continue to enhance the quality of deliverables. Drivers for this should include (but not limited to) recent quality gaps findings, CoE refer backs, self-test results, internal or external audit or M&S findings.
- Assist in departmental projects as required
- Ensure job aids are updated on a regular basis to keep in line with current policies and procedures within the team
- Track outstanding queries and issues through to timely resolution
What we value:
- Highly motivated with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Professional agility: ability to priorities workloads and work to strict deadlines; quickly adapt and respond to change
- Excellent communication skills required - both verbal and written
- Ability to clearly communicate complex concepts in a concise manner
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Interpersonal, numerical, problem-solving, analytical, etc.
- Very good language skills in English
- One or more of the following languages: French, German, Italian, Dutch or Arabic would be an advantage;
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behavior
- Provide appropriate management information as required to support business unit decision making
- Support the ‘Risk Excellence’ culture within the business
- Adhere to limits of delegation and escalation procedures required by your manager so that you comply with internal policies and external regulations
- Look to take a proactive approach to managing your own career and development by undertaking activities and training courses (classroom and online) identified by you and your manager.
- Drive monthly 1:1 meetings with your manager to obtain feedback on your progression.
- Ensure participation in all relevant Town Halls and Team Meetings to demonstrate engagement in your role and the strategy for State Street.
- Flexible working hours (restricted to the current business need)
- No intra-day deadlines
- Interesting, non-repetitive process
- Possibility to Work From Home
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops