Senior Java Developer (IB Technology)
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
We're looking for someone like that to help us
• develop, maintain and support systems delivering Market Data from exchanges, vendors and UBS systems to client applications
• with continuous improvement, test script maintenance, regression monitoring, quality control, Task and Change Management, QA Resource management and QA/Prod system co-ownership
• problem solve, plan, analyze and contribute to regional and global projects and initiatives
• participate in planning, estimating, documentation, and stakeholder engagement
• where you will take ownership of development tasks from inception to production, collaborating with BA, PM and Support teams, as well as other regional Market Data teams, delivering new market feeds plus enhancements and fixes.
You’ll be working in Investment Bank IT – Market Data team. We’re responsible for providing real-time market data to critical applications, including algorithmic trading, GUIs and analytical platforms. We closely collaborate with the development teams responsible for these systems. We support both stock and derivative trading business.
We own systems comprising in-house code, where we do not use third-party Java libraries due to our performance requirements and depend on internally-developed, GC-free network and collections libraries. We also integrate and build on top of products provided by market data vendors.
• Strong Java weighted toward systems programming, I/O, GC-free, data-structures, low-latency.
• Strong knowledge of data-structures
• Strong Linux, including sys/admin, scripting in some of shell/Python/Groovy.
• Fundamental understanding of the networking stack
• A keen interest in financial markets (equities/derivatives/FX)
• Experience in coding/debugging high-performance low-latency Java applications.
• SDLC literate with experience in continuous integration, code-review and automated tests.
• Knowledge of C or C++ is beneficial
• Bachelor degree in computer science is nice to have
• Aware of on-going technology trends and know pragmatically leverage their benefits
• Comfortable working independently, as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Fluent in English
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, at UBS we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves.
Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.