Who we are looking for
Application developer with 5 to 8+ years of solid hands-on experience in server side Java, J2EE, Spring framework, Spring Boot and micro services architecture and technologies.
Strong SQL experience (MS SQLserver / Oracle) is required.
Nice to have: Experience in :
- Hands-of development in C++ / C# experience in .NET technologies.
- Application integration using Kafka, any custom ETL development.
- Knowledge of containers and Kubernetes.
What you will be responsible for
As Application Developer you will
- Work with Product owner to understand the business requirement for an Agile story.
- Develop and unit test the story to ensure it passes acceptance criteria of the story.
- Coordinate with SQA to get the story tested.
- Work with Operations team for code deployment in higher environments.
- Analyze & research issues reported in production environment.
- Provide support during monthly production releases.
- Support other team members, if there is a need.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills.
- Strong understanding of software design principles and object oriented programming concepts.
- Experience working with Agile teams and SDLC processes.
- Effective communication skills to interact with product owner and senior team members.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new tools and technologies quickly.
- Aptitude for learning new and complex environments, processes, and technologies
- Good understanding of financial domain.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 5+ years of demonstrated ability to develop code in large teams/projects
- Minimum 5 years of hands on experience in full life-cycle software development experience in Java, messaging and queuing technologies to develop robust, reliable and high-performance solutions.
- Good understanding of SQL performance tuning techniques including query plan understanding and management, indexing techniques, using AWR reports etc., highly preferred.
- Knowledge of financial domain is a plus.
This role will require occasional L4 production support and weekend release support.
Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We’re driving the company’s digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We’re looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers