Principal Java developer [IB Technology]
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you an excellent problem solver who is passionate about the latest technology and innovation? Are you a leader who wants to bring engineering excellency to the organization? Do you love learning? Is Agile your way of life?
We’re looking for a Java Developer to:
• Provide technology solutions that will solve business problems and strengthen our position as digital leaders in financial services
• Analyze business requirements for the IB Derivatives and Solution group, sales and trading applications
• Design, plan and deliver sustainable solutions using modern programming languages
• Providing technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new software projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing applications
• Conduct code reviews and test software as needed, along with participating in application architecture and design and other phases of SDLC
• See that proper operational controls and procedures are implemented to process move from test to production
We're Derivatives & Solutions Technology team and we're currently 1,100 technologists developing applications covering: pricing, quoting, order execution, risk management and trade lifecycle processing for the Global Markets Derivatives & Solutions business. We are made up of five teams that deliver the solutions, platforms and services that support various UBS business areas, provide next-generation valuation and risk management capabilities and significantly simplify the technology operating environment front-to-back.
• Commercial experience as Java Developer, finance sector background is a plus
• Proficiency in core Java programming, Spring framework
• In depth understanding of standards, methods, techniques, templates as defined by SDLC (code repository handling, code inspection, penetration-avoidance etc)
• Able to produce secure, stable and good performing code
• Good design and engineering skills including knowledge and effective usage of 12Factor and OO design Patterns, Microservices, Algorithms and Data Structures
• Familiar with automated testing, acceptance testing, TDD, BDD
• Good knowledge and experience with Cloud Technologies
• Experience working with complex applications with multiple stakeholders in a fast paced environment globally
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, you like to figure out how things work
• The ability to resolve production issues escalated to you
• Experience improving older code bases as well as in using modern design patterns
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, at UBS we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves.
Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.