Application Support Specialist
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you an expert when it comes to providing technical application support? Do you have proven ability to solve complex issues, covering both technical and business needs?
We’re looking for a Tech support analyst to:
• support the Service & Product Manager across several technical domains
• uphold high standards for timely issue resolution
• ensure workflows, processes, tooling and applications are of the highest quality standard
• contribute expertise to the management of existing and new IT products and services
• define workarounds for known errors and initiate process improvements
• maintain a knowledge database
• participate in project work and small development
You’ll be working in the IT Front Office Systems team in Wroclaw. We provide second line support to the Wealth Management UK business rolling out enhancements to their Front Office Platform and providing support for the current systems in both UAT and Production environments.
• recent and proven experience of Unix, SQL and batch scheduling tools.
• Shell scripting and exposure to ETL tools would also be advantageous although not essential.
• a natural ability to solve complex issues
• strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure stuff out)
• supported both packaged and custom solutions
• banking know-how
• demonstrate technical expertise and have worked in a Production environment
• a flexible approach to working hours and role
• a confident communicator that can explain technology to non-technical audiences
• capable of understanding client needs and translating this into products and services
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, at UBS we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves.
Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.