FX Cash – Automation Test Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
You’ll be working in the FX Regression Testing Team. We are working for various programs within Foreign Exchange department in Investment Bank.
Do you want to design and build next generation business applications using the latest technologies? Are you confident at iteratively refining test requirements and removing any ambiguity? Do you like to be challenged and encouraged to learn and grow professionally?
The FX Cash Risk IT department is looking for strong IT Automation Test Engineer based in Wroclaw.
• The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that delivery adheres to the UBS Testing Standards: that all change released into production has sufficient, documented test cases and that those are executed and evidenced accordingly and that all mandatory test processes are being adhered to.
• The candidate will work in a matrix organization as part of an Agile team of Business Analysts, Developers, Project Manager and Testers, helping to ensure that all User Stories have well-documented User Acceptance Criteria, and that tests are executed within a given deadline.
• The candidate will need to demonstrate an ability to learn new business concepts quickly and on the job.
• The candidate will be comfortable working and collaborating as part of a small team, but will also show individual initiative and an ability to take ownership of issues and see them through to resolution.
• The candidate will have a 'can-do' and pragmatic attitude and will be willing to contribute to all aspects of the software development cycle (e.g. requirements, documentation, support, testing etc)
• The candidate will have excellent attention to detail and will be prepared to push for quality when delivery pressures are high
• Drive the testing for the project. Liaise with senior stakeholders, identify and raise issues or risks.
• Coordinating testing activities with different front-office application QA teams
• Assessing requirements documentation (Business Requirements, Functional and IT specifications) for consistency and ensuring they are met
You’ll be working in the FX Regression Testing Team as part of the Technology division in Wroclaw. The program of work has a very high profile and is recognized to be a key part of our Foreign Exchange business strategy over the next couple of years.
• Bachelor or University degree or equivalent with a focus in IT, Physics, Math or related science
• Minimum of 3 years work experience on Unix/Linux or other similar environment.
• Excellent hands-on experience in Test management as well as Test Engineering and very good understanding of full testing lifecycle.
• Knowledge of Unix/Linux standard tools utilised for file operations.
• Testing and test management experience in Jira,
• Fluent in English (written and spoken)
• Good Understanding of scrum and Kanban methodology.
• ISTQB Foundation level or equivalent (Desirable but not required)
• IT Industry recognised testing practitioner qualifications
• Banking experience and knowledge in Foreign Exchange products.
– passionate about what you do, you value excellence, learning and integrity, you like a work environment that places emphasis on team work, collaboration and delivering business value while working at a sustainable pace. Most importantly you are someone who is excellent and can aspire, and inspire others, to our values and culture
– proactive, detail-oriented and comfortable working in dynamic environments with fast paced deliveries and changing requirements
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, at UBS we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves.
Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.