Technology Risk & Controls Specialist
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Can you investigate complex situations and propose solutions? Do you have experience working in complex technology control environments? We are looking for someone like you to join our Risk Appetite & Frameworks team as part of Technology and Operations Risk Management and to:
• act as a technology risk and controls expert in a role pivotal in defining how Chief Digital & Information Office (CDIO) Technology implements the firm's operational risk framework
• advise stakeholders on control implementation, risk processes improvements, as well as managing the underlying analysis and defining recommendations. This work includes an exciting mixture of business as usual activities and change projects.
• routinely interface with various stakeholders across all of CDIO Technology's functional streams, as well as with the Technology and Operations Risk Management organization and the firm's 2nd and 3rd line control functions.
• support the implementation of Risk Appetite Statement for CDIO Technology and related risk assessments and remediation tracking
• consult and provide expertise in risk-related frameworks, regulations, policies, processes & tools
• ensure that UBS Technology operates as documented in our Operational Risk Framework
• establish and maintain an effective culture of risk management
You’ll be working in the Technology and Operations Risk Management (TORM) organization in India/ Poland as part of our Risk Appetite & Frameworks team. Our remit is to ensure that Technology operate as documented in the Operational Risk Framework (ORF) across regionally and functionally-aligned teams. We’re responsible for technology risk management, overseeing risk remediation, and ensuring technology controls are designed and operating effectively. You'll be working closely with your counterparts – business risk managers, Technology Services, as well as the 2nd and 3rd lines of defense.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
• proven experience in technology and IT risk management, risk controls, or audit in the financial services industry
• a university degree, ideally in computer science or information technology or engineering related discipline is a plus
• a risk or control-related certification, such as CRISC or CISSP, is preferred
• knowledge and practical experience in the use of risk and control related frameworks and standards (e.g., Cobit, COSO and ISO standards regarding especially information security, BCM and risk management), IT industry best practices (e.g., ITIL or PMP) and process optimization (e.g., Lean/Six Sigma)
• strong analytical skills and a sound technology background
• strong problem-solving and communication skills, including experience presenting to senior management
• an understanding of operational risk management and implementation in practice
• experience in data analysis, validation and presentation of results (MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Tableau)
• act as a risk and control subject-matter expert for CDIO Technology and operational processes, supporting the organization in all areas of IT risk management
• ensure risk frameworks are operating effectively
• identify and assess operational risks, issues and associated action plans from all phases, from inception through completion
• translate IT issues to business risk and effectively communicate them to senior management
• assist in managing a progressive and sustainable control environment
• a good communicator (and you know how to handle challenging situations), up to Senior Management level
• flexible and resilient with strong interpersonal skills taking initiative to drive things forward
• methodical, concise and accurate, with strong attention to detail
• able to develop methodologies based on industry best practices that are adapted to UBS' needs and can be readily applied by the organization
• able to surface and assess issues, control deficiencies and emerging risks
• able to provide advice on practical solutions to sustainably remediate and minimize risks and control deficiencies
• able to effectively and efficiently run or oversee larger risk and control related project with tight deadlines
• confident in dealing with colleagues at all levels, in multiple locations
• above all we will value the diverse experience you have gained through your career
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, at UBS we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves.
Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.