Who we are looking for
Qualified accountant with international company experience.
We offer 12-month fix term contract of employment.
Your new role
A position exists within the Ireland finance team based in Poland. Reporting directly to the Ireland Controller, the successful candidate will be part of the team responsible for accounting and regulatory reporting for Ireland and Channel Islands entities. This position offers an exciting opportunity for a suitable candidate to further develop their career and play a key role in the Finance Department of a global financial services organization such as State Street.
Scope of responsibilities:
- Day to day responsibility for the accounting function including timely and accurate month end, quarter end and year end reporting to Group.
- Preparing of annual financial statements
- Assisting in the timely delivery of finance packs to legal entity boards
- Detailed analysis of legal entity financials
- Ensuring timely and accurate filing of regulatory reports
- Participating in the capital planning process
- Ensuring compliance with internal accounting policies
- Implementing and maintaining a strong control environment
- Implementing procedures, processes and policies to ensure best practice in financial and regulatory reporting
- Liaising with other groups within finance to ensure accurate legal entity and business unit reporting
- Overseeing of activities in offshore locations
- Participating in global finance projects and workgroups
- Liaising with internal/external auditors
What we value
Experience and qualifications needed to perform the function:
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA qualification preferred)
- General Understanding of Irish / UK GAAP would be an advantage
- Min. 7 years of experience in related financial areas
- Excellent PC skills: MS Excel and MS Word essential
- Excellent English communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and to tight deadlines
- Strong team ethic
- Highly organised and motivated
- Demonstrated analytical/problem solving skills