Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it’s not just what we do, it’s who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common. An unwavering sense of purpose and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers’ needs. It’s what inspires us to create meaningful solutions – the kind that make a real difference – when it matters most.
The world and our customers’ needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That’s why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.
In this role, you have the opportunity to make life better
Looking at the challenges the world is facing today Philips’ purpose has never been more relevant. So whatever your role, if you share our passion for helping others, you’ll be working towards creating a better and fairer future for all.
You are responsible for
- Monitor and control the entire payment process
- Coordinate payment process in Philips, liaising with Philips Businesses and 3rd party suppliers as appropriate
- Support operational team in their daily tasks
- Reconcile vendor accounts
- Monitor AP Overdue process and follow-up with internal/external stakeholders
- Search for and implement structural solutions in AP overdue process
- Investigate, propose and execute the implementation of further process improvements focusing mainly on payment area
- Manage/coordinate local accounts payable and expenses activities
- Act as first point of contact for payment related questions of 3rd parties or local organizations
- Deliver relevant information for proper execution of the process by 3rd parties
- Initiate and participate in projects or actions to improve the overall performance quality of the P2P process
- Provide relevant reporting, validate data and analytics
- Internal controls scoring
You are a part of Our Global Business Services EMEA Hub in Łódź where we centralize our business processes. Our focus is on supporting faster workflows and collaboration across departments, to enable leaner operations and improved results. 1000+ strong and growing, our Global Business Services EMEA Hub in Lódź teams speak 30 languages and represent 13 different nationalities, supporting our operations in 50 countries supported on a daily basis.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need a customer-first attitude and the following
- University graduate with at least 2-3 years of work experience in Accounting/Finance area.
- Computer literacy is essential and experience in MS office applications (excellent command of MS Excel is a must).
- Results and action-oriented individual with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Up to date standard knowledge of corporate and local accounting rules.
- Experience in IFRS accounting and book keeping in the international company (AP) (must have).
- Pragmatic & logical thinker with an eye for detail and an analytical mind.
- Accurate, being able to react quickly, communicative.
- Experienced in managing multiple projects whilst adhering to strict deadlines.
- Understanding of SAP is a must-have.
- Professional level of communication skills
- Fluent English .
In return, we offer you
The unique combination of a business-critical, challenging role in a creative, empowering environment. Your professional development will be actively encouraged, so you can continue to grow and perform at your best, while being part of helping improve the lives of billions of people around the world.
- Annual bonus based on performance achieved.
- Private medical care with option to extend it to family members.
- Benefit System cards.
- Discount for Philips’ products.
- Relocation package applicable for people moving in from outside of Łódź region.
- Wide variety of trainings & learning opportunities, including language upskill.
- Promotion of healthy lifestyle in the office (fruits twice / week in the office, gym, massage chairs, various events).
How we work at Philips
Our newly-adopted hybrid work concept fuses flexibility with collaboration to deliver great outcomes for our people and our customers. We are embracing an approach wherein we spend more time together than apart – which for full-time employees translates to an average of at least 3 days working from the office and up to 2 days from home – for our hybrid roles.
Hybrid work flexibility means people can meet the changing demands of work and home in the most balanced, productive, and healthy way. Hybrid work flexibility means people can meet the changing demands of work and home in the most balanced, productive, and healthy way.
Our hybrid working model is defined in 3 ways:
We believe in the importance of impactful collaboration: There's a certain energy when everyone’s in the same room that can heighten idea generation and creative friction needed for problem-solving.
We embrace flexibility: Choosing where, when and how to work can vary according to task and team schedules. Flexibility isn’t office or online, it means choosing the space that works best for you, your teams and our customers on a case-by-case basis.
We want to be at our best: The way we work and our workspaces are designed to support our well-being, offer career advancement opportunities, and enable us to be at our best.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.